Search for tag "Suriy-Muluk"
|1863 probably near end
||Bahá'u'lláh reveals the Súriy-Mulúk (Súrih of Kings). [BKG245; GPB171–2; RB2:301-336]
- This is described by Shoghi Effendi as ‘the most momentous Tablet revealed by Bahá'u'lláh', in which He, ‘for the first time, directs His words collectively to the entire company of the monarchs of East and West'. [GPB171]
- See GPB172–5 and RB2:301–25 for a description of the content of the Tablet.
- In The Bahá'í Faith 1844-1953 :Information Statistical & Comparative p41 Shoghi Effendi dates this tablet as "1863". Given the intense activity of that year an assumption was made that it was revealed near the end of the year in either Constantinople or Adrianople.
Chronological list of significant events related to Bahá'u'lláh's historic pronouncement in the Súriy-i-Múlúk
Fall of the French Monarchy (1870)
Virtual Extinction of the Pope's Temporal Sovereignty (1870)
Assassination of Sultán 'Abdu'l-'Azíz (1876)
Assassination of Násiri'd-Dín Sháh (1896)
Overthrow of Sultán 'Abdu'l-Hamíd II (1909)
Fall of the Portuguese Monarchy (1910)
Fall of the Chinese Monarchy (1916)
Fall of the Russian Monarchy (1917)
Fall of the German Monarchy (1918)
Fall of the Austrian Monarchy (1918)
Fall of the Hungarian Monarchy (1918)
Fall of the Turkish Monarchy (1922)
Collapse of the Caliphate (1924)
Fall of the Qájár Dynasty (1925)
Fall of the Spanish Monarchy (1931)
Fall of the Albanian Monarchy (1938)
Fall of the Serbian Monarchy (1941)
Fall of the Italian Monarchy (1946)
Fall of the Bulgarian Monarchy (1946)
Fall of the Rumanian Monarchy (1947) [The Bahá'í Faith 1844-1953 :Information Statistical & Comparative p41-42]
||Suriy-Muluk; Tablets to kings and rulers; Timelines; History (general); Summons of the Lord of Hosts (book); Writings of Bahaullah; - Basic timeline
|1867 Sep - Aug 1868
||Bahá'u'lláh reveals the Kitáb-i-Badí‘, the Munájátháy-i-Síyám (Prayers for Fasting), the first Tablet to Napoleon III, the Lawh-i-Sultán written to Násiri'd-Dín Sháh, and the Súriy-i-Ra'ís. [BKG245; GBP172]
- See RB2:370–82 for details of the Kitáb-i-Badí‘.
Bahá'u'lláh reveals the Súriy-i-Ghusn (Tablet of the Branch) in which ‘Abdu'l-Bahá's future station is foreshadowed. [BBD218; BKG250; GPB177]
- See RB2:338–9 for a description of the Tablet.
||Baha'u'llah; Suriy-Muluk; Surih Kings; Kitab-i-Badi‘; Munajathay-i-Siyam; Prayers for Fasting; Napoleon III; Lawh-i-Sultan; Nasirid-Din Shah; Suriy-i-Ra'is; Suriy-i-Ghusn; Tablet of the Branch; ‘Abdu'l-Baha; Allah-u-Abha'; Bayan; Mirza Yahya