Search for tag "Sweden"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1920 8 Jul
||August Rudd, a Swede who became a Bahá'í in America, returns to his native country, becoming the first Bahá'í in Sweden. [BWT8:980-2].
|1952 8 Oct
||Holy Year, "The Great Jubilee", October 1952 to October 1953, is inaugurated. [BW12:116; DG84; PP409–10; SBR170–1]
- Centenary celebrations of the birth of Bahá’u’lláh’s mission are initiated. [MBW16–18]
- Four international conferences are scheduled in Kampala, Wilmette (dedication of the Temple), Stockholm and New Delhi. [SETPE2p31-43]
|Kampala; Uganda; Wilmette; United States; Stockholm; Sweden; New Delhi; India
||Great Jubilee; Holy Years; Centenaries; Bahaullah, Birth of Revelation of; Siyah Chal (Black Pit)
|1953 21 – 26 Jul
||The European Intercontinental Teaching Conference is held in Stockholm. [BW12:167]
- For Shoghi Effendi’s message to the conference see BW12:167–71.
- For a report of the conference see BW12:171–8.
- Fourteen Hands of the Cause are present. [BW12:171]
- 374 Bahá’ís from 30 countries attend, of these 110 come from the ten goal countries. [BW12:171]
|Stockholm; Sweden; Europe
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Teaching; Conferences, Intercontinental; Ten Year Crusade; Teaching; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Activities
||The Regional Spiritual Assembly of Scandinavia and Finland is formed with its seat in Stockholm, Sweden. [BW13:274]
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Sweden is formed. [BW13:283]
- For picture see BW13:281.