Search for tag "Symbols"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1881 (sometime prior to)
||The revelation of Javáhiru'l-Asrár, (meaning literally the "gems" or "essences" of mysteries) (in Arabic) by Bahá'u'lláh in reply to a question posed by Siyyid Yúsuf-i-Sihdihí Isfahání, who, at the time, was residing in Karbilá. One of the central themes of the treatise is the subject of "transformation", meaning the return of the Promised One in a different human guise. The second theme can be said to be mystical in nature. It has many similarities to The Seven Valleys. Bahá'u'lláh describes the seven valleys, but the names and orders of valleys are slightly different from those found in the book of The Seven Valleys [GDMii]
- It was published in English in 2002 under the title Gems of Divine Mysteries. [Chronology 2002-06-26]
- For a synopsis of the treaties see Gems of Mysteries (Javáhiru'l-Asrár): Wilmette Institute faculty notes by Muin Afnani, 1999.
- See The Seven Cities of Bahá'u'lláh compiled by Arjen Bolhuis.
- See Seven Cities in the Spiritual Journey to God: Gems of Divine Mysteries (Javáhiru'l-Asrár) and Seven Valleys by Fadl Mazandarani (published as Jinab-i-Fadl Mazandarani) originally published in "Star of the West", 13:11, pages 301-303, 1923-02.
- See A Symbolic Profile of the Bahá'í Faith by Christopher Buck published in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 8:4, page 1–48, Ottawa: Association for Baha'i Studies, 1998.
- This profile employs Ninian Smart’s dimensional model of religion, using the present writer’s acronym, DREEMS (Doctrinal, Ritual, Ethical, Experiential, Mythic, Social), Sherry Ortner’s key symbols paradigm, consisting of thought-orientating “root metaphors” and action-inciting “key scenarios,” while John Wansbrough provides insight into the formation of a new religious ethos through a process of symbolic transformation. This study highlights some of the predominant Bahá’í symbols, to which others will surely be added.
||Javahiru'l-Asrar; Gems of Divine Mysteries; Baha'u'llah, Tablets of; symbols; DREEMS; Z****