Search for tag "Tablets of Visitation"
|1849. c. Jun - Jul
||The Báb, in prison in the castle of Chihríq, learns of the massacre at Shaykh Tabarsí and the martyrdom of Quddús. He is so overcome with grief that He is unable to write or dictate for a period of six months. [DB411, 430]
||Chihriq; Iran; Persia
||Bab, Life of; Bab, Writings of; Prison; Shaykh Tabarsi; Martyrs; Quddus; Tablets of Visitation
|1892 After the ascension of Bahá'u'lláh
||`Abdu'l-Bahá asks Nabíl to choose a number of passages from the writings of Bahá'u'lláh to be used as a Tablet of Visitation. This Tablet is also used at observances commemorating the Martyrdom of the Báb. [BBD234; BKG427; GPB222; RB4:419]
`Abdu'l-Bahá rents the house now known as the Pilgrim House at Bahjí from its Christian owner Iskandar Hawwá', the husband of `Údí Khammár's daughter Haní. [DH114, 226]
- For an analysis of this Tablet, see SA121–2.
||Bahaullah, Ascension of; Bahaullah, Life of; Holy days; Nabil-i-Akbar; Tablets of Visitation; Iskandar Hawwa; Nabil-i-Akbar; Pilgrim Houses
|1939 24 Dec
||Shoghi Effendi reinters the remains of Navváb and the Purest Branch. [DH162; GBF116; GPB347–8]
- Two vaults are cut into the solid rock in the garden area near the monument of the Greatest Holy Leaf. [DH162]
- For Shoghi Effendi’s cable announcing this see DH162 and PP262.
- For Shoghi Effendi’s letters and cables concerning this see BW8:245–53.
- For a description of the reinterment see BW8:253–8.
- For the prayer of visitation to the resting place of Navváb see BW8:251 and DH166.
|Mount Carmel; BWC
||Navvab (Asiyih Khanum); Mirza Mihdi (Purest Branch); Bahiyyih Khanum (Greatest Holy Leaf); Tablets of Visitation; Monument Gardens; World Centre
from the main catalogue
- Days of Remembrance: Selections from the Writings of Baha'u'llah for Baha'i Holy Days, by Bahá'u'lláh (2017). Forty-five selections revealed for, or relating to, nine Bahá’í Holy Days. [about]
- Holy Day Observances, by Universal House of Justice (1992). Do Tablets of Visitation need to be recited on holy days? Do participants need to face the Qiblih while one is being recited? [about]
- Stylistic Analysis of the Báb's Writings, A: Abridged Translation of Vahid Behmardi's Muqaddamih-yi dar bárih-yi sabk va siyáq-i áthár-i mubárakih-yi ḥaḍrat-i rabb a`lá, by Vahid Behmardi and William F. McCants, in Online Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 1 (2007). English translation by McCants of Behmardi's Persian article "Stylistic Analysis of the Báb’s Writings". [about]
- Surih of Visitation, by Bahá'u'lláh (2016). Addressing Mulla Husayn's sister Leaf of Paradise, Baha'u'llah recounts the oppression of past prophets at the hands of an adversary, tells of his own sufferings, affirms his spiritual victory, and reveals a prayer of visitation for The Bab. [about]
- Tablet of Visitation for Imám Husayn, by Bahá'u'lláh (2002). Tablet in honor of Imam Husayn, the prince of martyrs, with whom Baha'u'llah identified in a mystical connection. [about]
- Tablet of Visitation for Mulla Muhammad 'Ali-i-Barfurushi (Quddús), by Báb, The, in Rituals in Babism and Bahá'ísm, Pembroke Persian Series, Vol. 2 (1994). A tablet written by the Bab in honor of Quddus. [about]
- Tablet of Visitation for the wife of the Bab, Khadijih Begum, by Bahá'u'lláh (1997). Translation of and brief commentary on a tablet in honor of Khadijeh Bagum. [about]
- Tablet of Visitation for Vahid-i Darabi, by Bahá'u'lláh. Tablet for the leader of the 1850 uprising at Nayriz. [about]
- Wronged One, The: Shí'í Narrative Structure in Bahá'u'lláh's Tablet of Visitation for Mullá Husayn, by William F. McCants, in Lights of Irfan, Book 3 (2002). [about]