Search for tag "Templers"
|1868. 30 Oct
||Christoph Hoffman, founder of the Templers, and Georg David Hardegg, his principal lieutenant, land in Haifa. Hardegg remains in Haifa to head the colony, while Hoffman goes to Jaffa to found a colony there. [BBD224; BBR204, 2 15–16; DH133]
- DH139 and GPB277 say this was 1863.
- See BBR215–18 for the relationship between Bahá'u'lláh and the Templers.
- Bahá'u'lláh several times stayed in the houses of the colony. [BBR234]
- See BBR236–9 for articles written about the Bahá'ís by Templers.
||Christoph Hoffman; Georg David Hardegg; Templers
from the main catalogue
- Tablet to Hardegg (Lawh-i-Hirtík): A Tablet of Bahá'u'lláh to the Templer Leader Georg David Hardegg, by Stephen Lambden and Kamran Ekbal, in Lights of Irfan, 4 (2003). [about]