Search for tag "Transliteration"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í World, The: Volume 18 (1979-1983), in Bahá'í World (1986). [about]
- Diacritics and transliteration, by Jonah Winters (2002). [about]
- Glossary of Arabic and Persian Transcription (2016). Comprehensive list of names and terms encountered in Baha'i history, with accents and underlines, and definitions. [about]
- Guide to Transliteration and Pronunciation of the Persian Alphabet: together with the Numerical Value of the letters (Abjad Reckoning), by Marzieh Gail, in Bahá'í Glossary (1957). Persian letter, key, transliteration, pronunciation, and Abjad value. [about]
- Indexes of Tablet names, diacritics, and transliteration: Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh, by Adib Taherzadeh, in Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh, Volumes 1-4 (1982). Indexes only, useful for (1) referencing the diacritics and transliteration of Tablet names, and (2) knowing in which books Taherzadeh discusses which tablets. [about]
- Khatt-i-Badí' (The New Script): Transliteration and Notes (2018). Latin transliteration of Mírzá Muhammad-'Alí's "conlang" alphabet by Grover Gonzales. Includes notes by the Universal House of Justice, an overview by Gonzales, and samples of the script. [about]
- List of Baha'i Studies and Translations, by Stephen Lambden. A list of content available at Lambden's personal website, Hurqalya Publications, with select links to manuscripts, texts, introductions. Includes Shaykhi and Babi studies, bibliographies, genealogies, provisional translations. [about]
- Lost in Translation, by Brian Whitaker, in Guardian (UK) (2002). Transcribing Arabic into the Roman alphabet is fraught with difficulty. And in an age of electronic text, search engines and databases, the problem is only going to get worse. [about]
- New World Transliterator: Macintosh Font for Transliteration of Persian and Arabic, by Christopher Buck (1993). Transliteration software (TrueType font for Mac). [about]
- Oriental Words in Bahá'í Literature, Transliteration, and Pronunciation, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 18 (1979-1983) (1986). Guide to spelling and pronunciation of Arabic and Persian words encountered in Baha'i history and writings. [about]
- Report of the Transliteration Committee, by G. T. Plunkett, in The Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland (1895). The 10th Orientalist Congress in Geneva, 1894, produced the system of transliteration later approved by Shoghi Effendi.
- Transliteration, by Moojan Momen (1991). [about]
- "Yá Alláhu'l-Mustagháth": Original Source, Correct Transliteration and Translation, by Universal House of Justice (2001). [about]