Search for tag "Travelers Narrative (book)"
|1886 In the year
||`Abdu'l-Bahá writes A Traveller's Narrative. [TN40]
||Travelers Narrative (book); Abdul-Baha, Life of; Abdul-Baha, Writings and talks of; Abdul-Baha, Basic timeline; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|1890. 15–20 Apr
||E. G. Browne is granted four successive interviews with Bahá'u'lláh at Bahjí. [BBD43; BBR225; BKG371; GPB193]
- See BBR225–32 for Browne's own account of the visit.
- See BBR229–31, BKG371–3 and DH110 for Browne's pen portrait of Bahá'u'lláh.
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá gives Browne the manuscript of A Traveller's Narrative: the Episode of the Báb in the handwriting of Zaynu'l-Muqarrabín for his to translate. [EGB54, BW11p510]
- BFA1:445; Balyuzi, Edward Granville Browne And The Bahá'í Faith and Momen, Selections From the Writings of E. G. Browne.
||Edward Granville Browne; Bahaullah, Life of; Bahaullah, Pen portraits of; Pen portraits; Portraits; Travelers Narrative (book); Zaynul-Muqarrabin (Mulla Zaynul-Abidin); Bahji
|1891 (In the year)
||A Traveller's Narrative is published in two volumes by the Cambridge University Press. [BBD226; EGB55]
It is an historical account written by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá around 1886 and first published anonymously in Persian in 1890. The English translation was prepared by Professor Edward G. Browne and first published by Cambridge University Press in 1891.
|Cambridge; United Kingdom
||Travelers Narrative (book); Publications; First publications
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- God Passes By: Outline and cross-reference of chapters correlated with A Traveler's Narrative and The Dawn-Breakers (2002). A variety of indexes and tables correlating these three books. [about]
- Scholar Meets Prophet: Edward Granville Browne and Bahá'u'lláh (Acre, 1890), by Christopher Buck and Youli Ioannesyan, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 20 (2014). Details of E.G. Browne's handwritten notes about his meeting with Baha'u'llah, his stay in Akka in April 1890, and his correspondence with Russian academics. [about]
- Secret of Divine Civilization translation, capital punishment, and other quesions, by Universal House of Justice (1991). On the capitalization of pronouns, reference to "we Muslims," works of Abdu'l-Baha revealed during the time of Baha'u'llah, the first person to recognize Baha'u'llah, and designer of the temple in Ishqabad. Includes a compilation on capital punishment. [about]
- Traveler's Narrative, A: Written to Illustrate the Episode of the Báb, by Abdu'l-Bahá (1982). [about]
- Traveler's Narrative, A Study Outline and Cross-Reference (2001). Summary headings and correlation of passages with The Dawn-Breakers, God Passes By, the Lawh-i-Sultán, and other works. [about]
- Traveller's Narrative Written to Illustrate the Episode of the Báb, A, by E. G. Browne and Abdu'l-Bahá. [about]