Search for tag "Travelogue"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Africa, by Hooper Dunbar (1984). Stories of Dunbar's travels through Africa, its unique energy, and its place in the Baha'i Faith. [about]
- Bab und Babis, by Arminius (Armin) Vambery, in Meine Wanderungen und Erlebnisse in Persien (1867). Lengthy discussion of the Babis, by a Hungarian Jew who later met Abdu'l-Baha. [about]
- Diary of H.M. the Shah of Persia, during his tour through Europe in 1873, The, by Nasir al-Din Shah (1874). Contains no mention of the Babi or Baha'i Faiths, but is useful for historical context, and a window into the Sháh's worldview. [about]
- Glimpses of Life and Manners in Persia: With Notes on Russia, Koords, Toorkomans, Nestorians, Khiva, and Persia, by Lady Mary (Leonora Woulfe) Sheil (1856). Considered first travel book on Persia by a woman. Of particular interest to Baha'is are her accounts on Babism (Babeeism) and the Bab. [about]
- Journal Diary of European Baha'i Travels: April - November 1948, by Charles Mason Remey (1948). A record of Remey's visits across Europe, from England to Germany. Includes coverage of Bahá'í participation in the first U.N. convention on Human Rights, held in Geneva. [about]
- Journalist in the Holy Land, A: Glimpses of Egypt and Palestine, by Arthur E. Copping (1913). [about]
- Wild Asses, The: A Journey through Persia, by W. V. Emanuel (1939). Passing mentions of Babis in Tabriz and Zanjan. [about]
- Year Amongst the Persians, A, by E. G. Browne (1893). [about]