Search for tag "Victoria"
|1868 – 1870
||During this period Bahá'u'lláh reveals a number of Tablets to rulers including the Lawh-i-Ra'ís to `Alí Páshá, His second Tablet to Napoleon III and Tablets to Czar Alexander II, Queen Victoria and Pope Pius IX. [BBD13]
- President Grant of the United States is in office when Bahá'u'lláh addresses a Tablet to the `Rulers of America and the Presidents of the Republics therein'. [BFA1:80N]
||Ali Pasha; Lawh-i-Napulyun (Tablet to Napoleon III); Lawh-i-Pap (Tablet to Pope Pius IX); Lawh-i-Malikih (Tablet to Queen Victoria); Tablet to Czar Alexander II; President Grant; Lawh-i-Rais (Tablet to Sultan Ali Pasha); Tablets to Kings and rulers; Summons of the Lord of Hosts (book); Bahaullah, Life of; Bahaullah, Writings of
|1901 22 Jan
||The passing of Queen Victoria.
- Of all the leaders addressed by Bahá'u'lláh only she is reputed to have made a courteous reply. [CBM47; PDC65]
- See CBM47–8 for Bahá'u'lláh's prophecy concerning the success of her reign.
||Enoch Olinga arrives in Victoria (Limbé) and is named a Knight of Bahá’u’lláh for the British Cameroons. [BW13:449]
- The first Cameroonian to become a Bahá’í in British Cameroon is a youth, Jacob Tabot Awo.
- The first Cameroonian adult to become a Bahá’í is Enoch Ngompek of the Bassa tribe.
- The first Cameroonian woman to become a Bahá’í is Esther Obeu, the wife of David Tanyi.
|Victoria (Limbé); British Cameroons; Cameroon; Nigeria
||Enoch Olinga; Knights of Bahaullah; First Bahais by country or area
||The first local spiritual assembly in the Seychelles is formed in Victoria.
||The National Spiritual Assembly of West Central Africa is formed with its seat in Victoria, Cameroon.
||The National Spiritual Assembly of the Cameroon Republic is formed with its seat in Victoria. [BW14:96]
||Victoria; Cameroon Republic
||The ‘Lake Victoria Plan’, a joint venture among the National Spiritual Assemblies of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Burundi designed to carry the Faith to all the peoples and tribes living within Africa’s largest lake basin, is inaugurated at the suggestion of Hand of the Cause Dr Muhájir. [DM96–8]
||Lake Victoria; Africa
||Rahmatullah Muhajir; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Activities
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Seychelles is formed with its seat in Victoria. [BW16:156]
- For picture see BW15:157.
||The first Bahá’í Summer School of the Cameroon Republic is held in Victoria. [BW18:166]
from the main catalogue
- Napoleon III and Queen Victoria, Responses to the Tablets of Baha'u'llah, by Universal House of Justice (1997). Do we know what Napoleon and Queen Victoria really said upon receiving tablets from Baha'u'llah? [about]
- Queen Victoria and the Bahá'í Fath: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (1999). [about]
- Seventy Five Years of the Bahá'í Faith in Victoria, Australia, by Graham Hassall (1998). History of the Baha'i community of Victoria, Australia. [about]
- Summons of the Lord of Hosts, by Bahá'u'lláh (2002). [about]
- Tablet to Queen Victoria, by Bahá'u'lláh. [about]
- Tablet to Queen Victoria (Lawh-i-Malikih): Biography of Queen Victoria, in Encyclopedia Britannica (1999). [about]