Search for tag "Weapons"
|1938 27 Nov
||In a letter to the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of the British Isles, Shoghi Effendi outlines the attitudes and obligations of Bahá’ís regarding military service. [BW17:384–5; UD122–3, 128–9, 134]
||Shoghi Effendi, Life of; Armed forces; Military; Weapons
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'ís and Military Service, by National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of the United States, in Bahá'í News, 88 (1965). Brief discussion on how Baha'is may or may not serve in the armed forces. [about]
- Declaración de la Comunidad Internacional Bahá'í ante la Conferencia Internacional de las Naciones Unidas sobre la Relación Entre el Desarme y el Desarrollo, by Bahá'í International Community (1987). El Año Internacional de la Mujer. Nueva York, Nueva York, 24 de agosto-11 de septiembre de 1987 [about]
- Desarme y la Paz, El, by Bahá'í International Community. [about]
- Information for Bahá'ís called to fill out the Questionnaire on military duty under the Draft Act 1940, by National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of the United States (1940). Summary of grounds for seeking exemption from combatant duty. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Police Forces Bearing Arms, Bahá'í Enlistment in, by Universal House of Justice, in Bahá'í Studies Bulletin, 3:4 (1995). Two letters from the House on joining armed police forces, e.g. the Ulster Defence Regiment and the police force in Northern Ireland, and whether they would be allowed to bear arms. Also discussion of consummating marriage, and marrying an atheist. [about]
- Self-Defense, Guidance on, by Universal House of Justice, in Messages from the Universal House of Justice: 1963-1986 (1996). Whether Baha'is may practice self-defense in times of danger, and whether American Baha'is should purchase firearms. [about]
- Star Wars or World Peace, by Dan Q. Posin, in dialogue magazine, 1:1 (1986). How a "missile defense system" might work and ways in which it would not, ramifications for achieving global peace, and discussion by Robert Bowman, the first director of the Star Wars program. No mention of the Baha'i Faith. [about]
- War, Governance, and Conscience in This Age of Transition, by National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of the United States, in The Bahá'í National Review, 20 (1969). A whitepaper on issues of Baha'i involvement in the military services. [about]