Search for tag "Western Pilgrim House"
||William Harry Randall, an American, asks `Abdu'l-Bahá if he might contribute to the building of the Western Pilgrim House. [DH179]
- Plans are drawn up and work begun but the funds available are insufficient to continue the work until 1923, when money is contributed by Amelia Collins. [BBD178; DH180; GPB307]
||William Harry Randall; `Abdu'l-Baha; Western Pilgrim House; Amelia Collins
|1922 9 Apr
||Work commences on the Western Pilgrim House. [PP69]
||Western Pilgrim House
||Amelia Collins contributes the funds necessary to complete the Western Pilgrim House. [DH180; PSBW76]
||Amelia Collins; Western Pilgrim House; BWC Pilgrimage
||The Guardian express his "heartfelt and abiding gratitude" to Milly Collins and seven others who had donated the necessary funds to complete the Western Pilgrim House construction project. It had been started in 1919 with a donation from Ruth and Harry Randal but had come to a halt when the funds ran out. [Millyp7]
||Western Pilgrim House; Milly Collins
|1951 9 Jan
||Shoghi Effendi announces the establishment of the International Bahá’í Council. [BBD118; BBRSM127; GBF109; MBW7–8; PP252]
- It is a forerunner to the Universal House of Justice. [BBD118]
- For its functions see MBW7–8.
- Its seat is the Western Pilgrim House. [BBD178]
- For the stages of its evolution see CB324.
||International Bahai Council; Universal House of Justice; Western Pilgrim House
|1963 16 Jun
||The Universal House of Justice announces that it will for the present use the Western Pilgrim House at 10 Haparsim Street, Haifa, as its seat and that both the Eastern and Western Pilgrim will be housed in the Haifa Pilgrim House. [WG9]
||Western Pilgrim House; UHJ; BWC Pilgrimage