Search for tag "William Hoar"
||The Junaynih Garden northwest of Mazra`ih, owned by several Bahá'ís, is registered under the name of `Abdu'l-Bahá and a brother. [BBD 124]
William Hoar, one of the first Bahá'ís in America, is asked by `Abdu'l-Bahá to meet with the Persian ambassador in Washington to request justice for the Bahá'ís of Iran, thus marking the beginning of the efforts of the American Bahá'í community to alleviate the persecution of their brethren. [BFA2:51]
||Junaynih Garden; House of Bahaullah (Mazraih); Abdul-Baha, Life of; Ambassadors; William Hoar; Persecution, Iran; Persecution; Human rights; Firsts, Other
|1922 9 Jan
||William H. Hoar, Disciple of `Abdu'l-Bahá, passes away in Fanwood, New Jersey. [SW12, 19:310]
- For his obituary see SW12, 19:310-12.
|Fanwood; New Jersey; United States
||William Hoar; Disciples of Abdul-Baha; In Memoriam; Births and deaths
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Hoar, William, by Robert Stockman (1995). [about]
- Tags are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Apostrophes and accents are removed. `Abdu'l-Bahá will be searched as Abdul-Baha.
- Searches match parts of a tag: searching for mashr will also show Mashriqul-Adhkar, or Egyptian will also show Egypt.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.