Search for tag "Zikrullah Khadem"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1891. 27 Jun
||Bahá'u'lláh visited Haifa for the fourth time. [BKG374; DH109; GPB194; RB4:351]
- He stayed three months. [BBD94; BKG374; DH109; GPB194; RB4:351]
- He lived in the house of Ilyás Abyad near the Templar colony, His tent pitched nearby on the foot of Mount Carmel on HaGefen Street. [BKG374; DH186]
- Bahá'u'lláh instructed to the Master to arrange the transportation of the remains of the Báb from Persia to the Holy Land and their interment in a mausoleum below the clump of cypress trees at a spot which He indicated with His hand. It is stated that there were 15 tiny cypress trees at that time, each one the size of a finger. See Rob4p363 for a photo of the site indicated. [AB45; BKG374; DH134–5; GPB194]
- For a story of the difficulties in obtaining land for access to the site of the Shrine of the Báb see SES79-80.
- One day He pitched His tent a few hundred yards east of the Carmelite monastery and visited the monastery. [DH186]
- Bahá'u'lláh visited the cave of Elijah. [BKG375; DH174; RB4:3512]
- He revealed the Lawh-i-Karmil (Tablet of Carmel), the `Charter of the World Spiritual and Administrative Centres of the Faith' near the site of the future Mashriqu'l-Adhkár. [BBD1 18–19; BKG375; DH109, 174; MBW63; RB4:352]
- For the text of this Tablet see BKG376–7, G14–17 and TB3–5.
- For an analysis of the text see RB4:353–67.
- See article "Carmel: The Mountain of God and the Tablet of Carmel" by Zikrullah Khadem, ZK279-300.
- See PG102-103 for a commemoration of Bahá'lláh's visit on the 21st of October, 1922 when 'Abdu'l-Bahá entertained guests from India, Persia, Kurdistan, Egypt and England in a tent erected on the same spot.
|BWC; Haifa; Mount Carmel
||Zikrullah Khadem; Bab, Shrine of; Carmelite monastery; Cave of Elijah; Elijah; Lawh-i-Karmil (Tablet of Carmel); Charters; Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); Mashriqul-Adhkar, Haifa; House of Ilyas Abyad; Templer colony; - Bahai World Centre buildings, monuments and gardens; World Centre; Bahaullah, Writings of; Bahaullah, Life of; Bahaullah, Basic timeline; - Basic timeline, Expanded
||The birth of Zikrullah Khadem, Hand of the Cause of God, in Tihrán. [ZK3]
||Zikrullah Khadem; Births and deaths
|1957 18–25 Nov
||The first conclave of the Hands of the Cause of God is convened at Bahjí. Twenty-three Hands were present. [BBRSM128; DH215; MC8–11, TG158]
- This is the first meeting of the Hands of the Cause as a group.
- For a personal account of the Conclave by Hand of the Cause Zikrullah Khadem. see ZK119.
- For the nature of the six Conclaves see MC9–10, 12.
|Akka; BWC; Haifa
||Bahji; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Activities; Hands of the Cause, Conclaves; Zikrullah Khadem
|1974 28 Aug - 2 Sep
||The conference held in St Louis, Missouri, to launch the Five Year Plan in the United States attracts some 10,000 Bahá’ís, the largest gathering of Bahá’ís to take place anywhere in the world to date. [BW16:203; VV40]
- See "From Badasht to Stain Louis; An Evaluation of the First Bahá'í Conference and the Largest" by Zikrullah Khadem, ZK266-278.
|St Louis; Missouri; United States; Badasht; Iran
||Conferences, Bahai; Zikrullah Khadem; Z****
|1986 13 Nov
||Zikrullah Khadem (Dhikru’lláh Khádem), Hand of the Cause of God, passes away in Skokie, Illinois. (b.1904) [VV123; ZK151]
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the second contingent on the 29th of February, 1952. [MoCxxiii]
- See also Khadem, Zikrullah Khadem: The Itinerant Hand of the Cause of God.
|Skokie; Illinois; United States
||Zikrullah Khadem; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, Second Contingent