Search for tag "donkey"
|1863. 3 May
||Bahá'u'lláh leaves the Garden of Ridván.
- This initiates the holy day the Twelfth Day of Ridván, to be celebrated on 2 May. [BBD196]
- As He is about to leave He reveals a Tablet addressed to Áqá Mírzá Áqá in Shíráz. It brings relief and happiness to those who receive it. [EB222]
- His leaving is accompanied by symbolic signs of His station: He rides a horse rather than a donkey and wears a tall táj. [BBD221; BKG176]
- See BKG175–6, GPB155 and RB1:281–2 for descriptions of the scenes that accompanied His departure.
Bahá'u'lláh and His party arrive at Firayját, about three miles away on the banks of the Tigris. [BKG176]
- They remain here for seven days. [BKG176]
- See BKG for a description of activities during this period.
|Najíbíyyih Garden; Firayját; Iraq; Shíráz; Iran; Persia
||Baha'u'llah; Ridvan; Twelfth Day; Tablet; Áqa Mirza Áqa; horse; donkey; taj; Tigris