Search for tag "haziratu’l-quds"
|1939 1 Oct
||The national Bahá’í office of the United States is established at 536 Sheridan Road, Wilmette, Illinois. [BW10:181]
- Horace Holley, the full-time secretary of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of the United States and Canada, transfers his office from New York to the Hazíratu’l-Quds in Wilmette. [SBR238]
||Horace Holley; Hazíratu’l-Quds
||The Hazíratu’l-Quds of Tihrán is completed. [BW11:588]
||The Bahá’ís of Vietnam are prohibited by the government from meeting and practising their religion. [BW17:81; BW19:50]
- Bahá’í centres throughout the country are closed or confiscated;
- The national Hazíratu’l-Quds in Ho Chi Minh City is seized and made into an orphanage;
- Two members of the national spiritual assembly are arrested and sent to ‘re-education’ camps.
- One is released in 1982, owing to ill health.
||religious persecution; NSA; haziratu’l-quds
||The government of the Congo bans the majority of smaller religious groups, including the Bahá’í Faith. [BW17:141]
- The national hazíratu’l-quds is confiscated and the assemblies dissolved.
||religious persecution; haziratu’l-quds
|1979 15 Feb
||The National Hazíratu’l-Quds of Iran is seized by the Revolutionary Guards. [BW18:250]
- All the records of the National Spiritual Assembly, including a membership list of all the Bahá’ís in Iran, are confiscated by the government. [BW19:43]
||religious persecution; Hazíratu’l-Quds; NSA