Search for tag "land purchase"
||`Abdu'l-Bahá starts to move His family to the house that He has designed and built in the German colony at the foot of Mount Carmel in Haifa. [BBD107; DH145]
- Laura Clifford Barney helped to purchase the land for the house and to pay for its construction. [DH145]
- Some members of the family occupy it as early as February 1907, if not before. [DH145; GBF56]
||House of Abdul-Baha (Haifa); Abdul-Baha, Life of; Laura Clifford Barney; Land purchases; Architecture
|1908 9 Apr
||Two building plots for the future House of Worship are purchased in Wilmette for the sum of $2000. [BFA2:XVI; BW10:179, GPB262]
||Wilmette; United States
||Mashriqul-Adhkar, Wilmette; Land purchases
| 1953 3 – 6 May
||The All-America Intercontinental Teaching Conference is held in Chicago. [BW12:133]
- For the texts of Shoghi Effendi’s messages to the conference see BW12:133–41 and MBW142–6.
- Twelve Hands of the Cause are present. [BW12:143]
- At the conference, five members of the National Spiritual Assembly of the United States resign from that body in order to go pioneering: Elsie Austin, Dorothy Baker, Matthew Bullock, Mamie Seto and Dr William Kenneth Christian. [ZK102]
- Extract from the cecond message to All-American Intercontinental Conference from Shoghi Effendi... [MBW150]
.....the lands contributed in Latin America for a similar purpose approximate one-half of a million square meters, ninety thousand of which have been set aside near Santiago, Chile, for the first Mashriqu’l-Adhkár of South America..
|Chicago; United States; Santiago; Chile
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Teaching; Conferences, International; Teaching; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Activities; Pioneering; Elsie Austin; Dorothy Baker; Matthew Bullock; Mamie Seto; William Kenneth Christian; Mashriqul-Adhkar, Santiago; Land purchases
|1954 1 Oct
||The title of the a parcel of land on Mount Carmel is transferred to the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Canada, Israel Branch. The title deed is for Parcel No. 304, Block 10811 Mount Carmel, Haifa.
||Mount Carmel; Haifa; Israel. BWC
||Shoghi Effendi announces the acquisition of 36,000 square metres of land for the first Mashriqu’l-Adhkár of the Holy Land. [DH175; MBW78–9]
- The entire sum for the purchase was donated by Amelia Collins. [MBW79]
||Mashriqul-Adhkar, Haifa; Land purchases; Amelia Collins
||The land for the Samoan House of Worship is purchased on a site overlooking Apia. [BW18:104]
||Apia; Western Samoa
||Mashriqul-Adhkar, Apia; Land purchases
|1980 24 Sep
||Universal House of Justice announces that additional land has been acquired in the south-western area of the Haram-i-Aqdas in exchange for some land near Nazareth. The acquisition of this new land permits the completion of the fourth quadrant. In addition, it is announced that nearly 50,000 square meters of agricultural land adjacent to and north of the Mazra'ih property has been acquired as a protection for the Mansion because this area is being developed rapidly. [BW18:99; DH122, Message from the Universal House of Justice 24 September, 1980]
||Haram-i-Aqdas; House of Bahaullah (Mazraih); Land purchases