Search for tag "restoration"
||Restoration of the House of the Báb begins at the request of Khadíjih Bigum. On its completion she takes up residence there. [EB232]
||Khadijih Bagum; House of the Bab (Shiraz); Restoration
|1902 - 1903
||`Abdu'l-Bahá commissions the restoration of the House of the Báb in Shíráz under the supervision of Áqá Mírzá Áqá, an Afnán and nephew of `Abdu'l-Bahá. [AB108; EB236; GPB300]
- Also see Memories of the Báb, Bahá’u’lláh and `Abdu’l-Bahá by Mírzá Habíbu’lláh Afnán, (Ahang Rabbani trans.) pages 219-222.
||House of the Bab (Shiraz); Restoration; Abdul-Baha, Life of; Aqa Mirza Aqay-i-Afnan (Nurud-Din); Afnan
|1951 2 Mar
||Shoghi Effendi announces the completion of the restoration of the House of ‘Abbúd. [MBW8]
||House of Abbud; Restoration
||The mansion at Mazra‘ih is renovated. [MC219]
||Mazraih; Bahaullah, Houses of; Restoration
||The House of ‘Abbúd is renovated and restored. [MC219]
||House of Abbud; Bahaullah, Houses of; Restoration
||The House of Bahá’u’lláh in Tihrán undergoes major repair and a fundamental restoration of both exterior and interior parts.
||House of Bahaullah (Tihran); Restoration
||The restoration of the house of ‘Abdu’lláh Páshá begins. [BW17:84]
||‘Akka; ; BWC
||House of Abdullah Pasha; Restoration
||The renovation of the House of ‘Abdu’lláh Páshá in ‘Akká is completed. [BW18:77]
- Delegates attending the fifth International Convention are the first pilgrims to visit it. [BW18:77]
- For pictures see BW18:78–80.
||House of Abdullah Pasha; Restoration; International Convention; Firsts, Other
||After more than two years of extensive restoration work the Shrine of the Báb is complete. The project required the restoration and conservation of the interior and exterior of the original 1909 structure, as well as measures to strengthen the Shrine against seismic forces. An entirely new retrofit design – combining concrete, steel and carbon fibre wrap technology – was needed for the whole building, from its foundation and original masonry to its octagon, drum and dome. More than 120 rock anchors were fixed into the mountain behind newly fortified retaining walls. [BWNS816]
||Haifa; Mount Carmel
||Bab, Shrine of; Restoration
from the main catalogue
- Conservation and Restoration of Calligraphy by Mishkín Qalam, The, by Shingo Ishikawa and Patrick Ravines (2004). Three versions of a paper explaining the procedure for preserving manuscripts at the Baha'i World Centre, using the example of calligraphy by Mishkín Qalam. Includes high-resolution sample of Qalam's artwork. [about]
- Memories of the Báb, Bahá'u'lláh and 'Abdu'l-Bahá: Memoirs of Mírzá Habíbu'lláh Afnán, in Witnesses to Babi and Bahá'í History, vol. 4 (2005). Autobiography of a close confidant of the holy family. Includes appendices on Baha'i historical places in Shiraz, the Afnán family genealogy, and excerpts from Houshmand Fatheazam’s diary [about]