Search for tag "the Wolf"
||Shaykh Muhammad-Báqir, the Wolf, has 20 or more Bahá'ís arrested in Isfahán. [BW18:383]
||Shaykh Muhammad-Baqir; the Wolf
|1874. 8 May
||The arrival of the eldest son of Násiri'd-Dín Sháh, Sultán-Mas'úd Mírzá, Zillu's-Sultán, arrives in Isfahán as governor. [BBR269]
Within a few days of the arrival of Zillu's-Sultán in Isfahán, a general persecution of Bahá'ís begins. [BBRXXXIX, 269–70]
- This can be traced to Shaykh Muhammad Báqir, the `Wolf'. [BBR270]
- See SDH104 for comment by Bahá'u'lláh on a challenge made by Shaykh Muhammad-Báqir.
- For Western reports of this outburst see BBR270–3.
||Sultan-Mas'ud Mirza; Zillu's-Sultan; Shaykh Muhammad-Baqir; the Wolf
||Áqá Najafí, the `Son of the Wolf', initiates a campaign against the Bahá'ís in Isfahán, Sidih and Najafábád. [BW18:383]
|| Isfahán; Sidih; Najafábád
||Son of the Wolf
||On the instructions of Bahá'u'lláh, The Kitáb-i-Aqdas is published for the first time in Bombay. [SA250]
- It is published in Arabic. [SA250]
||The Kitab-i-Aqdas; A Traveller's Narrative; Kitab-i-`Ahd; Epistle to the Son of the Wolf; Crimson Book
|1891. See also
Bahá'u'lláh reveals Epistle to the Son of the Wolf addressed to Shaykh Muhammad-Taqíy-i-Najafí (Shaykh Najafí), the son of Shaykh Muhammad-Báqir. [BBD78, 164; BKG382; GPB219; RB4:368]
- It was revealed about a year before the ascension of Bahá'u'lláh. GPB220]
- It was Bahá'u'lláh's `last outstanding Tablet'. [BBD78; BKG382; GPB219]
- For an analysis of its content, themes and circumstances of its revelation, see RB34:368–412.
- For a study guide to the Tablet see RB4:433–40.
||Epistle to the Son of the Wolf; Shaykh Muhammad-Taqiy-i-Najafi (Shaykh Najafi); Tablet to the Times
||The publication of The Epistle to the Son of the Wolf. [ESW]
A Tablet addressed to Shaykh Muhammad-Taqiy-i-Najafi, a prominent Muslim cleric who had persecuted the Bahá’ís. It was revealed around 1891 at the Mansion of Bahjí and translated by Shoghi Effendi.
||The Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
from the main catalogue
- Akka Traditions (hadith) in the Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, by Moojan Momen, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 4 (2003). [about]
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf (Lawh-i-Ibn-i-Dhib): Excerpts from Revelation of Baha'u'llah, by Adib Taherzadeh, in The Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh 1877-92, Vol. IV, Mazra'ih & Bahjí (1987). Excerpts from chapters 24-25, compiled for the Wilmette Institute. [about]
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf (Lawh-i-Ibn-i-Dhib): The Lesser Peace, by Michael W. Sours (1999). [about]