Search for tag "trial"
|1845. 13 Jan
||The trial of Mullá `Alíy-i-Bastámí in Baghdád.A fatwá is issued in Baghdád against both Mullá `Alíy-i-Bastámí and the Báb, condemning the Báb, who is unnamed in the fatwá, to death as an unbeliever. [B64; BBRSM15, 215; SBBH21, 22]
||trial; Mulla `Aliy-i-Bastami
|1845. 27 Feb
||The Báb leaves Jiddah. [MS2]
- He disembarks at Muscat and remains there for two months, awaiting news of the outcome of Mullá `Alíy-i-Bastámí's trial. [MS2]
- He sends a letter to the Imám of Muscat. [MS2]
- SBBH23 says the Báb left Jiddah on 4 March.
|Jiddah; Jeddah; Saudi Arabia; Muscat; Oman
||Bab; Mulla `Aliy-i-Bastami; trial; letter; Imam of Muscat
||After three months in Chihríq, the Báb is taken under escort to Tabríz for trial. [B137; BW18:380; TN14]
- En route He stops in Urúmíyyih where the governor tests the Báb by offering Him an unruly horse to ride. The local people take away His bath water. [B138; BBR74; DB309–11]
- A sketch of the Báb is made there and later two copies of the portrait are made in water colour. The sketch and one of the water colours are now in the International Archives. [B138–9]
- See Trial of the Báb:
Shi'ite Orthodoxy Confronts its Mirror Image
by Denis MacEoin.
|Chihríq; Tabríz; Urúmíyyih; Iran; Persia
||Bab; trial; horse; sketch; portrait
from the main catalogue
- Bahá'í and the Space Connection, by James A. Herrick, in Scientific Mythologies: How Science and Science Fiction Forge New Religious Beliefs (2008). Brief discussion of Baha'i interest in extraterrestrial life. [about]
- Extraterrestrial Life, by Abdu'l-Bahá and Shoghi Effendi (1996). [about]
- Five unpublished contemporary documents relating to The Bab's examination at Tabriz in 1848, in Materials for the Study of the Babi Religion (1848). [about]
- Intelligent Life in the Universe and Exotheology in Christianity and the Bahá'í Writings, by Duane Troxel (1996). Theological statements on extraterrestrial life in Christian and Baha'i texts, and in the work of Giordano Bruno and Galileo. [about]
- Metaphor and the Language of Revelation, by Ross Woodman, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 8:1 (1997). [about]
- Religions and Extraterrestrial Life: How Will We Deal With It?, by David A. Weintraub (2014). 2-page excerpt from a 5-page chapter on the Faith, in a book covering what world religions believe about alien life. [about]
- Space: The Final Frontier?: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (1997). [about]
- Trial of the Báb: Answers given during the interrogation of the Báb (1997). Translation of source documents preserved from the 1848 trial.
- Trial of the Báb: Alim-i Hashtrud's account (1997). Translation of source documents preserved from the 1848 trial.
- Trial of the Báb: Questions, rebukes, statements made during the interrogation of the Bab (1997). Translation of source documents preserved from the 1848 trial. [about]