Announce to the friends that six hundred tons of stones destined for the arcade of the Báb's Shrine, received in successive shipments to the Holy Land, have been safely transported to its precincts despite repeated accidents--the sinking of a lighter in the harbor and outbreak of fire in the hold of the ship. An additional two hundred tons of material including carved marble mosaic have been ordered through recent contract for erection of parapet designed to crown the columns and arches of the arcade. North and east sides of structure with three corners virtually completed. Construction of cornice and roof, last stage in erection of the arcade, will soon be undertaken. Majesty and beauty of the colonnade enveloping the central holy edifice built by `Abdu'l-Bahá's hands steadily unfolding, presaging revelation of the full glory of the completed Sepulcher manifesting the plenitude of the splendor of the constructed dome.
[November 13, 1949]