Posted by Morgan (22.214.171.124) on August 14, 2002 at 17:51:06:
In Reply to: Re: Attention all Baha'is from Mormon Backgrounds posted by Dawud on August 13, 2002 at 09:00:54:
Most problems you raised have solutions:
1. One God: The image of God is within us all and in the worlds to come this image becomes more of a reality i.e. throughout eternity we gradually acquire the perfections of God i.e. become God like
2. I havn't heard about this one. Need to do some research.
3. America: The Baha'i writings say that America will be where spiritual civilization has its roots. One could draw close analogy with what 'Abdu'l-Baha says about America and the Mormon view.
4. The race issue: There hasn't been one since 1978!
6. Women's issues: Mormon position is equality in value not role. The Baha'i writings also say that men and women do not have identical roles.
7. Images: which ones?
I was reading the Book of Mormon a few days ago and found a fascinating quote which talks about all countries receiving prophets and scripture: progressive revelation...
I am not trying to say that bothe belief systems are the same or even remotewly similar however there is clearly enough common ground to build a bridge between the world's second most widespread religion and the one which is fastest growing (did you know that Mormonism is predicted by academics to be the world's next independant religion since Islam?). Joseph Smith CLEARLY predicted Baha'u'llah. These guys don't know this but once you see the proof its quite incredible. If he is considered in line with Ellen G White, William Miller and Charles Taze Russel then we see an interesting trend.
this topic is closed - post at bahai-library.com/forum