Search for all author/editor names:
"Ian C. Semple"
- Guardianship and the Universal House of Justice, The, by Ian C. Semple, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 9 (2008). Reflections on the Guardianship and Universal House of Justice by a former House member. Includes an interesting Q&A on topics including women on the House, Shoghi Effendi's personality, infallibility, Bahá'í scholarship, fundamentalism, etc. Published Articles. [about]
- Indispensability of Consultation for Ordering Human Affairs, The, by Ian C. Semple, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 11 (2010). Consultation is not just another word for discussion. It is not just a technique to be learned, but requires a development of the character of the individuals who are involved in it. Published Articles. [about]
- Interpretation and the Guardianship, by Ian C. Semple, in Lights of Irfan, 6 (2005). Two versions of a talk presented at a seminar in Haifa, 1984, on differences between personal interpretation, authoritative interpretation, divinely guided legislation, and the role of the Guardian as interpreter Published Articles. [about]
- Knowledge and the Covenant of Bahá'u'lláh: Invited Commentary, by Ian C. Semple, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 9 (1999). On the apparent contradiction between following infallible divine guidance while pursuing an unfettered search after truth, and the culture of academic writing. Published Articles. [about]
- Obedience, by Ian C. Semple (1991). Obedience in relation to freedom of thought, and the importance of obedience both to the individual's spiritual development and to society as a whole. Notable Talks. [about]
- Towards a Spiritual Civilization, by Ian C. Semple, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 11:3-4 (2001). Three methods to achieve the spiritualization of humankind: perpetual striving to draw closer to God in mind, action and spirit; the fundamental work of teaching the Message and building the Administrative Order; and participation in humanitarian service. Essays and short articles. [about]
- Searches match any part of a name: searching for Khan will also return Khanum.
- Type your searches directly into your browser's address bar, like this: bahai-library.com/author/Jonah Winters
(entering two or more names using this address-bar shortcut defaults to "match all names")