Search for all author names:
"Said Amir Arjomand"
- Consolation of Theology, The: Absence of the Imam and Transition from Chiliasm to Law in Shi'ism, by Said Amir Arjomand, in Journal of Religion, 76:4 (1996). Overview of the Shi'i doctrine of occultation, or the "Hidden Imam," and how this idea evolved into a principle of salvation: historical background; hidden God / sealed prophecy; theodicy and law; rationalization. Contains no mention of the Baha'i Faith. Published Articles. [about]
- Crisis of the Imamate and the Institution of Occultation in Twelver Shiism, The: A Sociohistorical Perspective, by Said Amir Arjomand, in International Journal of Middle East Studies, 28:4 (1996). Background of the history and theology of concepts like Qa'im, Mahdi, ghayba, and the hidden twelfth Imam. No mention of the Baha'i Faith. Published Articles. [about]
- Imam Absconditus and the Beginnings of a Theology of Occultation: Imami Shiʿism Circa 280-290 A. H./900 A. D. , by Said Amir Arjomand, in Journal of the American Oriental Society, 117:1 (1997). Examination of the end of the 9th century and events following the death of the eleventh Imam, and the formal beginnings of the doctrine of the "hidden" twelfth Imam. Contains no mention of the Baha'i Faith. Published Articles. [about]
- Turban for the Crown, The, by Said Amir Arjomand (1988). Passing mentions of Babis and Baha'is on six pages. Book excerpts. [about]
- Searches match any part of a name: searching for Khan will also return Khanum.
- Type your searches directly into your browser's address bar, like this: bahai-library.com/author/Jonah Winters
(entering two or more names using this address-bar shortcut defaults to "match all names")