Bahá'í Chronology: search for "A Commentary on the Will and Testament of"
← Enter the first part of a date or an entire date, with or without hyphens, in the form Year-Month-Day. Examples:
or jump to:
. . .
2010s search tips, key
"A Commentary on the Will and Testament of":
|1943 (In the year)
||The publication of A Commentary on the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá written by David Hofman by a new publisher, George Ronald. They went on to publish books on business ethics, comparative religion, studies of sacred texts, Islam, poetry, music, novels, biography and philosophy as well as a number of other subjects. George Ronald is primarily a publisher of books related to the history, teachings, doctrines and personalities of the Bahá’í Faith. See the reference for a list of Bahá'í books published up to 2013. [George Ronald
A Bibliographic History
A current catalogue can be found at their website.
||Abdul-Baha, Will and Testament of; George Ronald; Firsts, Other; Publishing; Publishing Trusts; Publications; David Hofman
||first book published by George Ronald.
|2003 9 May
||The passing of David Hofman (b.1908 in Poona, India) in Oxford, England. [BW03-04p234-235]
He was one of the nine elected members of the Universal House of Justice when that institution came into being in 1963.
He presented the first statement from the supreme Baha'i administrative body in April 1963 to the World Congress in London. Twenty-nine years later, in 1992, he delivered the opening address to the second Baha'i World Congress in New York, an event attended by some 30,000 people.
He served as a member of the Universal House of Justice for 25 years, until he left in 1988 at the age of 80. [BWNS209, BW'03-‘04pg234, UK Bahá'í Journal]
His published works included:
- Selections from Bahá'í Scriptures (1941)
- The Renewal of Civilization (1945)
- God and His Messengers (1953)
- George Townshend, A Life (1983)
- A Commentary on the Will and Testament of 'Abdu'l-Bahá (1983)
- Baha'u'llah, the Prince of Peace: A Portrait (1992)
||David Hofman; Universal House of Justice, Members of; World Congresses; In Memoriam; BWNS
- Items with a greenish background are publications; see e.g. 1910-03.
- You may type or omit hyphens or slashes, like "2000-01-01" or "2000/01/01" or "20000101".
Hyphens help distinguish between 2000-1-1 and 2000-11.
- To make suggestions for entries or to correct errors please contact us.
- See export tool, index, bibliography, and publisher's note in the original book.