Irfan Colloquia at Bosch (California), May 18-22

Conferences, meetings, publications
Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Irfan Colloquia at Bosch (California), May 18-22

Postby Jonah-admin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Below is an announcement about the English program, from http://irfancolloquia.org/102/info. See also the Persian program, at http://irfancolloquia.org/101/info.

----------

The `Irfán Colloquium will be held in the beautiful surroundings of Bosch Bahá'í School, providing a restful and refreshing environment for the participants. The program includes presentations on systematic Bahá’í studies in fundamental principles of the Bahá’í beliefs, the Writings of the Central Figures of the Bahá’í Faith, and the interface between the Bahá’í Faith and current intellectual and religious trends. On the occasion of centenary celebration of `Abdu'l-Bahá's visit to Europe and North America, 1911-1913, some of the presentation will be related to that historic event. Program also includes intervals of musical performances. `Irfán Colloquium takes place in an informal and collegial atmosphere, which provides a unique opportunity for meeting and associating with those interested in systematic Bahá’í studies. Participants receive a free set of the recent `Irfán publications. Program starts at dinner time on Wednesday May 18 and ends after lunch on Sunday May 22, 2011.

Bosch Bahá'i School also announces a special Panel Presentation and open dialogue on “A New Atheism and the Bahá'i Writings” at the Irfan Colloquium sessions, 18-22 May 2011. The more recent scientific discoveries and advances have promoted a new atheistic movement that is fast spreading in the academic circles. It is particularly attracting the attention and challenging the younger generations of Bahá'is who are engaged in various fields of academic and scientific endeavors. This panel presentation and open discussion conducted by Dr. Ian Kluge and Dr. Mahyad Rahnamaie is a unique opportunity for the participants at the Irfan Colloquium to investigate the guidance given in the Bahá'i Writings in order to respond to the questions and challenges raised by this new atheistic movement.

PRESENTATIONS (list some titles yet-to-be-announced)

Muin Afnani

Iraj Ayman
Authoritative Interpretations in the Bahá'i Faith: `Abdu'l-Bahá's Initiative

Shahbaz Fatheazam

Arsalan Geula

Keyvan Geula

Wolfgang Klebel
I know not how to sing thy praise

Ian Kluge
1. Kant's Universal Peace and the Bahá'i vision of a future world order
2. Buddhist Doctrine of Nothingness

Stephen Lambden
1. The Bābī-Bahā’ī Transformation and Interpretation of the Islamic Basmala,
2. From Nabi (Prophet) and Rasul (Messenger) to Mazhar-i Ilahi (`Manifestation of God’): A Babi-Bahá’i Trajectory through the Biblical-Islamic Prophets and Messengers

Vahid Rafati
A review of the Tablets of Visitation and Prayers for Remission

Mahyad Rahnamaee
Atheism and the Bahá'i Faith

Habib Riazati
A Comparative Study of the Verses in the Writings of the Bab and Bahá'u'llah

Mina Yazdani

Return to “Announcements”