Irfan Colloquia at Louhelen, October - call for papers

Conferences, meetings, publications
Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Irfan Colloquia at Louhelen, October - call for papers

Postby Jonah-admin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:41 pm

Dear Friends,

Irfan Colloquium will be held at Louhelen Baha'i School from 7 to 10 October 2011 (Columbus holiday weekend) and we will be happy to have you participating at its program presentations. As you remember Irfan Colloquium has started a four year program for centenary celebration of Abdu'l-Baha's travels and talks during 1911-1913 in addition to continuing its customary program. We very much appreciate and we are looking forward to receive proposals for presentations on topics related to various aspects of this unique and historic event or other topics of your personal choice related to the main purpose and aims of the Irfan Colloquium. Deeper and systematic studies in the Baha'i Writings, fundamental principles of the Baha'i Faith, interface between various religious traditions, school of thoughts, and scientific disciplines and the Baha'i Faith are most welcome.

As far as topics related to Abdu'l-Baha's travels and talks are concerned the most important area of study is finding supportive texts in the Writings of Baha'u'llah and Abdu'l-Baha for the subjects, concepts and topics presented in the Master's talks. As example of other desirable studies we may mention the following:

* A survey of the talks and interviews reported in the press
* Comparing the contents of the talks with the world situation and events at that time
* The impact of His talks on the what has happened since then
* Reaction of Abdu'l-Baha to the current events at His time
* Abdu'l-Baha's recommendations concerning various challenges facing humanity
* How the events foreseen by Abdu'l-Baha actually happened during the last century

These are just a few examples. Please feel free to propose topics of your choice. See more at http://irfancolloquia.org/calendar/ . Looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience,

With warmest greetings,
Iraj Ayman
iayman(at)usbnc.org

Return to “Announcements”