Presentations and papers at upcoming Irfan Colloquia

Conferences, meetings, publications
Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Presentations and papers at upcoming Irfan Colloquia

Postby Jonah-admin » Sat May 17, 2014 12:27 am

Presenters and topics of the 2014 Irfan Colloquia in English

-----

Come to Bosch Baha'i School (Santa Cruz), May 22–25, 2014, to hear the following papers:

"Bábí-Bahá'í Scripture and Belief in E. G. Browne's A Year Amongst the Persians", by Sholeh Quinn
    "Comparative Study of Súriy-i-Sabr and Qayyúmu'l-Asmá, A: Clarification of References to Calf, Sámirí, Satan, and Idol Worshipers", by Foad Seddigh
    "Comparative Study of Various Meanings and Scopes of `Irfán in the Works of Ibn `Arabí and in the Bahá'í Writings," by Habib Riazati
    "Concept of Politics in 'Abdu'l-Bahá's Treatise on Politics", by Farhad Sabetan
    "Life and Times of the Guardian Through His Writings and His Plans", by Faris Badii
    "Major Debates and Disputations of Belief in History and the Bahá'í Dispensation", by Faris Badii
    "On the Existence and Qualities of Human Soul", by Farjam Majd
    "Review of Abdu'l-Hamid Ishraq Khavari's Moházirát (a three volume book)," by Muin Afnani
    "Scientific Insights into "Here Am I": Consciousness and Space-Time", by Mehrdad Ehsani
    "Some New, Little-known, or Unstudied Writings of Bahá'u'lláh (1817-1892)", by Stephen Lambden
    "Some New, Little-known, or Unstudied Writings of the Báb (1819-1850)", by Stephen Lambden
    "Successorship and the Election of the Universal House of Justice: The Universal House of Justice 1963–2013", by Ali Nakhjavani
    "Tetrarchic Self: Correlating Freud's Transference with the Four States of Bahá'u'lláh", by Wolfgang Klebel

Please see details at http://irfancolloquia.org/123

-----

At the Acuto Centre for Bahá'í Studies (Italy), June 30–July 3, 2014:

"Baha'u'llah, The Divine Physician", by Hooman Momen
    "Baha'i Way of Life, The: A Research Proposal", by Iraj Ayman
    "Breaking Through Cultural Barriers: Migration and Change in the Baha'i Faith", by Moojan Momen
    "Buddhism and the Baha'i Faith", by Akerdahl Peo-Olloff
    "Challenges and Problems Faced by Translators of the Bahá'í Writings", by Armin Eschraghi
    "Comparative Study of Súriy-i-Sabr and Qayyúmu'l-Asmá, A", by Foad Seddigh
    "Examination of the Baha'i teachings on shared prosperity and poverty eradication, An", by Wendi Momen
    "Meditation", by Mehrdad Ehsani
    "Review of the Tablets of Baha'u'lláh Addressed to Hand of the Cause Ibn Abhar, A", by Vahid Rafati
    "Review of the Writings of `Abdu'l-Bahá addressed to Hand of the Cause Ibn Abhar, A", by Vahid Rafati
    "Sáqí, bi-dih ábí — O Cup-Bearer, give me a drop: A a hymn to love offered by the Blessed Beauty", by Julio Savi
    "The Bab's letters to Muhammad Sháh", by Armin Eschraghi
    "Women and Wisdom in Scripture", by Baharieh Rouhani Ma'ani

Please see details at http://irfancolloquia.org/125

Return to “Announcements”