Irfan Colloquium at Louhelen, October 2016

Conferences, meetings, publications
Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Irfan Colloquium at Louhelen, October 2016

Postby Jonah-admin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:32 pm

See this announcement in PDF: info_141-142.pdf. Register at irfancolloquium.com.

‘Irfán Colloquium 2016
Louhelen Bahá’í School
Davison, Michigan
6-9 October 2016

Centenary of the Tablets of Divine Plan
A unique document ushering in the Formative Age of the Baha’i Faith

‘Irfán Colloquium aims at promoting deeper and systematic studies in the scriptures of the world's religions from the Bahá'í perspective, as well as verities, fundamental principles of the belief system and the sacred writings of the Bahá'í Faith, the interface between the Bahá’í Faith and various religious traditions and schools of thought. Bazm-i-‘Irfán includes musical performances. Participants at the ‘Irfán Colloquium enjoy a collegial environment that provides an opportunity for dialogue, networking and team-building among those engaged in Bahá’í studies. It is also a unique occasion for all those participating in this gathering to meet and associate with researchers and scholars and benefit from their presentations. Those attending at the ‘Irfán Colloquium receive a gift set of the ‘Irfán publications.

Presentations include:
Context and over view of the Tables of the Divine Plan, Biblical quotations in Tablet of the Divine Plan, Themes of Abdul Baha’s Tablets of the Divine Plan, Illustrated by references to the Bible and the Quran, Tablets of Divine Plan; Virtues of effort, Magnanimity and Sanctity, Women in the Tablets of Divine Plan, Tablets of Divine Plan as "source of transforming force charting the road for the development of the Baha’i community, A Presentation on Islam at the Crossroads, A readiness to forget the past: The Advent of Divine Justice and Baha’i Racial Reconciliation, Baha’i Writings on the Doom of the Ottoman Empire, 'The Bahá’í view on wealth and poverty, The Baha'i perspectives on the concept of Jihad, Examination of spirit through metaphor and analogy.

Presenters include: Mehrdad Ehsani, Faris Badii, Hooshmand Badee, JoAnne Borovicka, Lameh Fananapazir, Farnoush Firoozmandi, Jena Kadem-Khodadad, Marlene Koswan, Manuchehr Nadimi, Habib Riazati, Thomas Owings,. Foad Seddigh, and Kamran Sedig

For Registration and Reservation: irfancolloquium.com

Return to “Announcements”