"Brilliant Star" newspaper sent FREE to kids aged

Conferences, meetings, publications
onepence

"Brilliant Star" newspaper sent FREE to kids aged

Postby onepence » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:15 am

Complimentary Subscriptions

As the Universal House of Justice continues to emphasize the importance of the education of Bahá’í children for the future of the Bahá’í Faith and the world, the National Spiritual Assembly has decided to distribute Brilliant Star magazine for free to every registered child in the United States between the ages of 7 and 12.

Q. How do I register my child?

A. Use the Child Registration card for children ages 0 to 14. Due to the need for a signature from a parent or legal guardian, the only way to register children is through the use of the cards. They are available through your Local Spiritual Assembly or the Membership and Records Office of the Bahá’í National Center (is-membership@usbnc.org or 847.733.3437).

http://www.brilliantstarmagazine.org/

onepence

“Art from the Heart Contest,”

Postby onepence » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:28 am

“Art from the Heart Contest,”

http://www.brilliantstarmagazine.org/contest.htm

Do you like to get surprises? How about surprising your friends? In Brilliant Star’s new “Art from the Heart Contest,” you’ll use your creativity to tell someone about the good things you see in them. Did someone help you out with a big problem or project? Did someone show generosity by sharing their home or a meal? Design a handmade card to send them a surprise “Thank you!” Your art and words can touch their heart or tickle their funny bone.

4. Write a statement of 100–200 words explaining your card. Who did you create it for, and why? What kind of art did you use? How did you deliver it? Did you see the person’s reaction?
5. By November 6, 2006, send your a) photos or scans and b) statement to: ...

A Few Rules:

1. Cards and statements must be created by kids ages 7–14.
2. The card must be the original work of the participant, including art and photos. The card can be made from any materials. Cards will be judged

The Prizes:

First Place: $50 gift certificate from the U.S. Bahá’í Distribution Service (BDS), Brilliant Star’s Super Cosmic Creativity Kit, and a Lightning and Luna t-shirt.

Second Place: $40 gift certificate from BDS and Brilliant Star’s Incredible Intergalactic Creativity Kit

Third Place: $25 gift certificate from BDS and Brilliant Star’s Incredible Intergalactic Creativity Kit

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:22 pm

wow, great news thanks. I wish I had that as a kid. I will make sure to let any Baha'i children/their parents know about it. Thanks.

Return to “Announcements”