Abdul'baha's Translator

All research or scholarship questions
MyBestCreditOffers

Abdul'baha's Translator

Postby MyBestCreditOffers » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:19 am

Question!

Who was Abdul' baha's Translator, when He was in prison? I know his story but unfortunatly, I don't remember his name, if anybody knows?

Thank you

Dorumerosaer

Postby Dorumerosaer » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:01 pm

Abdul-Baha had more than one translator. One was Ali Kuli Khan. Another was Dr. Younis Afroukteh. After His release from prison Ahmad Sohrab ("Mirza Ahmad Esphahani" below) and Dr. Amin Farid ("Ameen U. Fareed" below) were among His translators, but I don't know if either was a translator during the prison period. Perhaps some of these, mentioned in the Introduction to a volume of English translations of the Master's Tablets; probably Anton Haddad was among the early ones. And as you see, some of the Western believers helped with translations.

"The great labor of translating these Tablets from the original language has been entrusted to the following translators, whose inestimable service is hereby gratefully acknowledged: Anton Haddad, Mirza S. M. Raffie, Mirza Housein Rouhy, Ali Kuli Khan, Dr. Ameen U. Fareed, H. S. M. Taki Manshadi, Mirza Ahmad Esphahani, Mrs. Getsinger, Miss Barney and Mirza Moneer Zane."
(Tablets of Abdu'l-Baha Volume I, p. v)

Brent

MyBestCreditOffers

The youngest Translator of Abdul-Baha

Postby MyBestCreditOffers » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:56 pm

Thank You Brent ;
He was Ali Kuli Khan the Youngest translator, who was 18 years old when he went to Haifa at the time of Abdul-Baha's imprisonment.

Dorumerosaer

Postby Dorumerosaer » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm

There is a lot of information about Ali Kuli Khan in the books written by his daughter Marzieh Gail; some are on Ocean. A most interesting family.

When I lived at the Bahai' School in Santa Cruz, California in the early 1980s, Marzieh's younger sister lived in a retirement home in town; we saw her several times, and she remembered meeting the Master as a little girl. There is a lovely picture of the three children with the Master in America in 1912.

Brent

Return to “Discussion”