Wat is diffrence between bahai and muslims?????

All research or scholarship questions
palatadvor

Wat is diffrence between bahai and muslims?????

Postby palatadvor » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:14 pm

Wat is diffrence between bahai and muslims??

I thought concept would be same

-> 4 marriages allowed........
-> Eating canines allowed, Pig is not allowed
-> Haj allowed, Wat about eating camel
-> that stones shower on devil at mecca allowed

Am i rite

Bahaism = Islam

Please help me i waana understand it.

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:17 pm

None of those things are Baha'i practices. I suggest you go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baha%27i_faith
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

MyBestCreditOffers

Postby MyBestCreditOffers » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:01 pm

Basicly since all the mesengers came from one source(GOD) mainly
the sprital law is the same but the social law is different because they came in differnt time with differnt issues, problems and needs of humanity at the time. We dont have to complicate every thing for ourselves with some practices , we have to look at the whole puzzle not to look at just some pieces of puzzle.

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:05 am

I also Just noticed your referal to the Baha'i faith as "bahaism" please do not use that. just like Muslims would take offence if their religion was called "mohammadanism". Also, I'd like to ask you, how did you find this forum? why did you join? was it because you saw my topic on Guru Nanak? What are your motives here? I'd like to know.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

majnun

ba-ha-hee

Postby majnun » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:42 am

The prononciation of the word Baha'i
should be ba-ha-hee, as the persians
do, with the second "a" in a lower in tone.

MJ

palatadvor

Postby palatadvor » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:09 am

ya i come here seeing guru nanak's topic

i have read at wikipedia that baha'i is latest religon of all

so i thought i got nice place to know about baha'i

well u people seems to kattar like muslims

Muslims would take offence if their religion was called "mohammadanism".

wat do u mean by thast it means bahaism is like mohammadanism

if not then why u.................................?????

Jonah
Site Admin

Postby Jonah » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:05 am

Hi, all. Technically, bahaism is a correct term. However, since Baha'is themselves never refer to the Baha'i Faith as "Bahaism," the term by now has come to mostly be used by those intending to criticize it. Some scholars have used "Bahaism" in academic contexts, true, but even there it was often used critically.

Thanks, -Jonah

MyBestCreditOffers

Postby MyBestCreditOffers » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:47 am

What you mean ''kattar'' !!!! can you explain?

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:57 am

Sikhsm,

You could learn a lot more about Baha'i beliefs on the http://www.bahai.us site that I pointed you to...

Some Islamic practices were kept but some were also abandoned or forbidden, for example Baha'is can't have more than one wife. The Writings state that we can't have more than one wife:

"Is it immoral to have more than one spouse at time?

Bahá'u'lláh officially limited the number of wives a man might have from four -- the prevailing Muslim standard as prescribed by Muhammad -- to two but encouraged only one. He states:
God hath prescribed matrimony unto you. Beware that ye take not unto yourselves more wives than two. Whoso contenteth himself with a single partner from among the maidservants of God, both he and she shall live in tranquillity....
Bahá'u'lláh, The Kitáb-i-Aqdas, Par. 63, p. 41

However, Abdu'l-Bahá clarified that, by conditioning bigamy upon justice, Bahá'u'lláh was in practice allowing only one wife; fully equal justice would not be possible in a marriage of two women to one man. An endnote to the Kitáb-i-Aqdas quotes Abdu'l-Bahá:
'Know thou that polygamy is not permitted under the law of God, for contentment with one wife hath been clearly stipulated. Taking a second wife is made dependent upon equity and justice being upheld between the two wives, under all conditions. However, observance of justice and equity towards two wives is utterly impossible. The fact that bigamy has been made dependent upon an impossible condition is clear proof of its absolute prohibition. Therefore it is not permissible for a man to have more than one wife.'

The Kitáb-i-Aqdas, Note 89, pp. 205-206"

Source: http://bahai-library.com/?file=winters_ethics_survey

palatadvor

Postby palatadvor » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:43 am

Kaatar mobini.............

Kattar means rigid to their religon

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:22 pm

sikhsm wrote:Kaatar mobini.............

Kattar means rigid to their religon
The Baha'i faith doesn't like rigidity.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

Jamal

Postby Jamal » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:08 am

The proper pronunciation of the Arabic word Baha'i
should be Ba-ha-i, as the Arabs (and the whole world) do, with a slight emphasis on the 'i' which should never be pronounced as 'he' or 'hi.'
Again, the 'i' is pronounced as in 'e' and not 'eye.'

Jamal

senfreern

Postby senfreern » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:43 pm

whoa, you have a huge misconception of the baha'i faith.. most people do.. they think it has to do with islam, when really it has just as much to do with christianity as with islam.

the principles in the baha'i faith are different then muslims, easily. and baha'is do use the qu'ran, but they also use the Bible, Torah, and so forth.. And they have their own books.

i ask you to read more about the faith!

palatadvor

Postby palatadvor » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:37 am

Which is sacred book or sacred writing of bahai's i mean name of that holy book or sacred writing................

Abdul baha is only massenger or they give their throne to someone....??
in India there are many bahai's in new delhi there is lotus temple where if you go you will feel that yu are in peace, rest of mind......i mean very beautiful atmosphere......

I never meet a bahai and i didnt know that the temple is associate with bahai's.......i will go there if god calls me.....

???????????????????????Any body from india????????????????????????????????????????

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:31 pm

Sikhsm,

For more info, check out http://www.bahaindia.org/. (Also babai.org). You can easily find Baha'is in your area, and given that the greatest number of Baha'is live in India, it shouldn't be hard locating them.

They would be more than happy to have you there. You can exchange ideas, etc., and see how their programs are conducted, learn more about basic Baha'i principles, etc.

Best,

Warrior

Fadl

Postby Fadl » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:51 pm

Jonah wrote:Hi, all. Technically, bahaism is a correct term. However, since Baha'is themselves never refer to the Baha'i Faith as "Bahaism," the term by now has come to mostly be used by those intending to criticize it. Some scholars have used "Bahaism" in academic contexts, true, but even there it was often used critically.

Thanks, -Jonah

Yes, I think you're right Jonah. Unless I'm mistaken, I think that only "Christianism" is not allowed. :wink:

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:48 pm

Loren wrote:
Jonah wrote:Hi, all. Technically, bahaism is a correct term. However, since Baha'is themselves never refer to the Baha'i Faith as "Bahaism," the term by now has come to mostly be used by those intending to criticize it. Some scholars have used "Bahaism" in academic contexts, true, but even there it was often used critically.

Thanks, -Jonah

Yes, I think you're right Jonah. Unless I'm mistaken, I think that only "Christianism" is not allowed. :wink:
It's different because in some form of archaric english, -ity was more positive than -ism, so ending it that way was just a way for people to make Christianity seem better somehow.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

FruccalFrilia

Postby FruccalFrilia » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:10 am

The authors of The Bahai Faith: An Emerging Global Religion state, on the bottom of page xiii, in the first footnote, "The correct name of the religion is the Bahá'i Faith, not Bahaism."

Lol I guess it depends.

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:29 pm

sikhsm wrote:Which is sacred book or sacred writing of bahai's i mean name of that holy book or sacred writing................
Persian name: The Kitab-i- Aqdas
English: The most holy book
(but everyone refers to it as the 'Kitab-i-Aqdas)

sikhsm wrote:Abdul baha is only massenger or they give their throne to someone....??
in India there are many bahai's in new delhi there is lotus temple where if you go you will feel that yu are in peace, rest of mind......i mean very beautiful atmosphere......

You're along the right tracks but you are not 100% correct.
Name of Prophet: Baha'u'llah (pronounced ''Baa-how-laa")
Prophet's eldest son: Abdul'Baha (pronounced ''Abd-ol-baa-haa")

We dont call it "giving a throne" to someone else ;)

This is the order of who was head of the Bahai Faith
1st - Bahaullah
2nd - AbdulBaha
3rd - Shoghi Effendi (a.k.a. "The Guardian" [because the word 'Guardian means somebody who looks after something, and in this respect, Shoghi Effendi was the Guardian of the Bahai Faith])
(Shoghi Effendi was the Abdulbaha's oldest grandson)
4th - the Universal House of Justice

The Universal House of Justice is now the head of the Bahai faith. They are located on Mount Carmel in Haifa, Israel.
here are a couple of good images i came across on the internet
Its of the Bahai gardens on Mount Carmel - the gardens are world-famous!!

http://pics.livejournal.com/image_travel/pic/00014k1r

this building is called the Seat (which means 'place') of the Universal House of Justice: http://www.sacred-destinations.com/isra ... bi-400.jpg

If you look at the Bahai buildings on Mount carmel, you will notice that they are designed similar to greek architecture. This is because these Bahai buildings must last for a looooong time because it has been stated in the Bahai holy writings that the next religion will come in at least 1000 years time (and thats a long time!)

sikhsm wrote:???????????????????????Any body from india????????????????????????????????????????

YES :D !! Niranjan (im 99% sure )
this is his profile
http://bahai-library.com/forum/profile. ... ile&u=3980

BruceDLimber

Postby BruceDLimber » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:17 am

sikhsm wrote:Which is sacred book or sacred writing of bahai's i mean name of that holy book or sacred writing?

Hi!

In fact, the Baha'i Faith has about 200 volumes of scripture, each with its own title! (About half of these were written by Baha'u'llah, our Founder.)

You can see these at:

I wish you good hunting, and please feel free to ask further questions! :-)

Best,

Bruce

Return to “Discussion”