Any ex muslims here?

All research or scholarship questions
senfreern

Any ex muslims here?

Postby senfreern » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:31 pm

ok, sorry to get all in your buisiness and everything, but a lot of baha'is seem to become muslim. :(

s i am asking you guys if any of you are ex muslims? :)

choogue

Postby choogue » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:37 am

Probably depends where you live.

Theres always going to be people from any religion or background that have converted to another religion. It doesnt matter whether they are Muslims, Christians, Bahais.

Regards
Abbas

Dorumerosaer

Postby Dorumerosaer » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:21 am

"i doubt there is anyone thats ex-muslim but it would be good to speak to someone and maybe try and show my friends the truth."

"Celeste", I am curious what you mean by "show my friends the truth." Could you please explain more fully what you mean by that?

Thank you

Brent

Fadl

Postby Fadl » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:47 pm

There are two ways to answer this question, depending on the meaning of Muslim. If by the word ‎Muslim you mean an adherent to the Islamic religion, then you will find that there are too few ‎converts to the Baha'i religion, and there are many reasons for this. However, if by Muslim you ‎mean "one who submits" to the will of God—as most Muslims will tell you the word means—‎then you can find many ex-Muslims in the world. Many of them are in the Islamic community ‎itself, including those you mentioned who left The Faith for Islam. ‎

It is frequently stated by Muslims that ALL the prophets are actually Muslims. Even the founders ‎of Judaism and Christianity are—according to the Qur'an— Muslims. This is because they ‎submitted to the will of God. In this way, The Bab and Bahá'u'lláh also are Muslims. Anyone who ‎rejects the Manifestation of this day can never be a true Muslim, although they bear that name. ‎Just as the Jews in the day of Jesus were not those who submitted to God's will and just as those ‎Christians and Jews who rejected Muhammad were not those who submitted, and therefore by analogy not Muslims. ‎Most people who speak about Muslims, are only speaking about a label.

‎"People for the most part delight in superstitions. They regard a single drop of the sea of delusion ‎as preferable to an ocean of certitude. By holding fast unto names they deprive themselves of the ‎inner reality and by clinging to vain imaginings they are kept back from the Dayspring of ‎heavenly signs" (Tablets of Baha'u'llah 58).‎

This is why it is important, for Baha'is and Muslims alike, to remember that there is only one ‎religion of God, although it has been called by many names. It is easy to be led astray. It is ‎interesting how many find comfort in the largeness of their faith, as if this has ever been an ‎indication of the true religion in the past. Contraire to this tendency, the fact is that during the ‎days that any Prophet walks the earth, the majority of men reject him. The Bible warns clearly of ‎this:" For many are called, but few are chosen" (Matthew 22:14). ‎

The Holy Qur'an also warns against this tendency: "O the misery of men! No Messenger cometh ‎unto them but they laugh Him to scorn" (Qur'an 36:30) and also "Each nation hath plotted darkly ‎against their Messenger to lay violent hold on Him, and disputed with vain words to invalidate ‎the truth" (Qur'an 40:50) Baha'u'llah himself quotes these two verses in the Kitab-i-Iqan.‎

Also in the Iqan Baha'u'llah reveals: "They should in no wise allow their fancy to obscure their ‎judgment, neither should they regard their own imaginings as the voice of the Eternal" (Gleanings ‎from the Writings of Baha'u'llah 337). This is why many will not recognize The Faith, and why ‎many can even leave it. I hope this helps the discussion.‎

Return to “Discussion”