Personal Confessions of Spiritual Enthusiasm for God

All research or scholarship questions
Baha'i Warrior

Re: Personal Confessions of Spiritual Enthusiasm for God

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:13 am

Hi Richard,

What is there to confess about "ENTHUSIASTIC LOVE, WORSHIP, PRAISE, TRUST, AND THANKS FOR THE ONE AND ONLY GOD OF US ALL"? If you "confess that the only hope, faith, and want-to-believe currently in my heart, mind, soul, being, thoughts, feelings, words, and doings have to do with our One and Only God of All," then why don't you try to see where God is guiding you? Indeed, one can't really come to know God unless it is through religion, because it is trough religion that we learn more about God. Had it not been for religion, Richard, you wouldn't have an "ENTHUSIASTIC LOVE, WORSHIP, PRAISE, TRUST, AND THANKS FOR THE ONE AND ONLY GOD OF US ALL." That is because it is only through religion that man comes to know God. If God "invented" religion, and within the religion there are contained many important concepts, laws, beliefs, and practices that one must follow to bring himself closer to God, then if one wants to know God, he has to turn to the most recent religion (I am not saying Baha'i Faith, Richard. You have to investigate for yourself and determine which is the most recent religion.) It is only through religion that one's relationship with God may be strengthened.

Regards.

curt

Personal Confessions of Spiritual Enthusiasm for God

Postby curt » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:40 pm

Hi Richard,

I read your personal confession and thank you for it. Baha'u'llah wrote a personal confession of sorts which reads as follows:

I bear witness, O my God, that Thou hast created me to know Thee and to worship Thee. I testify, at this moment, to my powerlessness and to Thy might, to my poverty and to Thy wealth. There is none other God but Thee, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.

That is a peach of a prayer: brief and powerful, sweet and refreshing, eternal and true. I never tire of meditating on this prayer, soaring to the summits of its mysteries or diving into the depths of its holiness. It worked wonders on me, I bet it would on you too. Give it a try for a couple of weeks!

BTW, do you have chapter and verse on the words of Jesus to his apostles. I am curious as it doesn't sound like Jesus to me.

May God always love you, Richard.

Curt

Return to “Discussion”