The real cause of Islamic terrorism - the yogic perspective

All research or scholarship questions
Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:12 am

richard wrote:P.S.

BTW, correct me if you think i am wrong, but i would think this is a spiritual topic with spiritual issues and thus need not, perhaps should not, be a topic under the heading of Non-Baha'i Issues, for the Baha'i Faith is surely a most spiritual religious group, imho... richard

I wholly agree, Richard. I moved it here. Thanks for pointing that out.

—BW

BruceDLimber

Postby BruceDLimber » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:31 am

Greetings!

N>These prophets were not unique; they were men as you or I.

We Baha'is disagree, Niranjan.

As we see it, the Divine Messengers (those great teachers who found new religions, not to be confuxed with ordinary prophets) are in a class by Themselves. While they share our human attributes, God also directly invests them with the Holy Spirit, giving Them special abilities and status not shared by us. The Baha'i scriptures describe Them as a whole distinct level of creation.

Best regards,

Bruce

FruccalFrilia

Postby FruccalFrilia » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:08 am

Bahais do believe that we were created in Gods image.

"O SON OF MAN!
Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee: therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty."
-Baha'u'llah

ALthough God has created us and poured into us His beauty we are like a painting while He is the painter. The painting cannot comprehend the painter.
It is through spiritual education from Gods divine Teachers that we are spiritually guided.

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:41 pm

(i think you should change the title of this thread - i, for one, have avoided it, because its a bit intimidating, even if youre not talking about it at all).

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:01 pm

niranjan wrote:
british_bahai wrote:(i think you should change the title of this thread - i, for one, have avoided it, because its a bit intimidating, even if youre not talking about it at all).

Sorry if the title have scared you.

lol, it didnt scare me - i just avoided it, thats all.

(Please dont let my little interception disrupt the flow of this discussion!)

BruceDLimber

Postby BruceDLimber » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:16 pm

Greetings!

niranjan wrote: Buddha has not mentioned about any God or gods.

Sorry: you're mistaken.

"There is, O monks, an Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed. Were there not, O monks, this Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed, there would be no escape from the world of the born, originated, created, formed. Since, O monks, there is an Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed, therefore is there an escape from the born, originated, created, formed. What is dependant, that also moves; what is independent does not move." (Udana 8:3)

Sure sounds like God to me!

(And in another passase, He mentions "gods and men.")

Peace,

Bruce

BruceDLimber

Postby BruceDLimber » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:19 pm

niranjan wrote:I would appreciate it if the moderators will change the topic of this thread to " The real cause of Islamic terrorism -- the yogic perspective."

Uh, that title still has a problem:

It isn't clear whether you mean:

1. The yogic perspective about Islamic terrorism, or

2. Islam's terrorism problem is due to its having a yogic perspective.

It would be a good idea to reword it to remove this ambiguity.

Regards,

Bruce

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:54 pm

BruceDLimber wrote:(And in another passase, He mentions "gods and men.")
You have to be careful there, because often "Deva" is inappropreatly translated as "God." The above should read "Devas and men" or "Angels and men."
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

BruceDLimber

Postby BruceDLimber » Tue May 01, 2007 9:37 am

You have to be careful there, because often "Deva" is inappropreatly translated as "God." The above should read "Devas and men" or "Angels and men."

Not speaking the language, I can't address that.

Regards,

Bruce

Return to “Discussion”