Baha'is—VOTE for the Baha'i House of Worship!

All research or scholarship questions
Baha'i Warrior

Baha'is—VOTE for the Baha'i House of Worship!

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:08 pm

Dear Friends:

Please take a minute to vote for the Baha'i House of Worship in Chicago to be one of the "Seven Wonders of Illinois." It is falling behind in the votes, Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio right now taking lead. Go to this URL:

http://www.enjoyillinois.com/sevenwonders/chicagoland.html

Tell as many Baha'is (and even possibly non-Baha'is) to vote! Let's not lose this chance!

:mod: BOOKMARK THIS SITE and VOTE TOMORROW (people are allowed to vote every 24 hours!)

The most upto-date results (i update this daily!):
(26%) The Baha'i House of Worship
(13%) Brookfield Zoo
(53%) Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio
(9%) The Morton Arboretum

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:38 pm

richard wrote:Ok, voted for the Baha'i House of Worship...

Note: voters hava chance to win vacation to the Chicago area so they can visit the House of Worship while there...
Good. You are expected to vote again, by noon tomorrow, OR ELSE :aufsmaul:

(j/k - just kidding)

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:14 pm

richard wrote:
british_bahai wrote:
richard wrote:Ok, voted for the Baha'i House of Worship...

Note: voters hava chance to win vacation to the Chicago area so they can visit the House of Worship while there...
Good. You are expected to vote again, by noon tomorrow, OR ELSE :aufsmaul:

(j/k - just kidding)

Thanks for the reminder, BB. I just voted again and see one can vote every day from now till end of April. Unfortunately it looks like the House of Worship is now trailing one or two more frivolous "rivals." Not surprising in this materialistic world. :sad: richard
Hey, it's their choice. I'm sure the other places are quite nice too :ai4
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:38 pm

Nice job guys. We are (currently—it'll change soon no doubt) @ 36%—Frank is at 38%. It's getting there... Keep the votes coming, and tell your community and all you know to VOTE!!!!!!!!! :cooler:

(You can also announce on other Baha'i forums, etc.)

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:03 pm

richard wrote:Hello Z,
You wrote:

Hey, it's their choice. I'm sure the other places are quite nice too.

Right on Z. Freewill is a gift from our God and a central feature & responsibility that helps us learn, grow, and progress from the experiences resulting from the free will choices of us all. Yet, in more serious matters it can be a two-edged sword and a tough taskmaster...

Nope, no argument here that i can see, Z... all the best, r
Are you implying that it's wrong to vote for anything other than the house of worship?
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:38 am

Frank's got 43% and we're at 34%....keep voting guys, and let all the Baha'is know about the vote.

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:04 pm

richard wrote:
Zazaban wrote:
richard wrote:Hello Z,
You wrote:

Hey, it's their choice. I'm sure the other places are quite nice too.

Right on Z. Freewill is a gift from our God and a central feature & responsibility that helps us learn, grow, and progress from the experiences resulting from the free will choices of us all. Yet, in more serious matters it can be a two-edged sword and a tough taskmaster...

Nope, no argument here that i can see, Z... all the best, r
Are you implying that it's wrong to vote for anything other than the house of worship?

Back with you, Zazaban,

Arrgghh!!! Are you sure it is not you looking for an argument. What don't you understand about my endorsement of freewill as the will of our God?
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood the bit on the two-edged sword, my apologizes friend. :smile:

~ Bahá'u'lláh

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:17 am

(26%) The Baha'i House of Worship
(13%) Brookfield Zoo
(53%) Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio
(9%) The Morton Arboretum
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :igitt: we're falling behind

VOTE AGAIN TODAY

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:09 am

:indy: Votings finished, folks.

Results will be announced on the 30th April.

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:18 pm

Irish

Postby Irish » Wed May 02, 2007 4:03 am

Thank you, British Baha'i,

I was voting every day in March, but I forgot to check the results on Monday. It is great news. I hope more people will now hear about the Temple and enjoy its serene atmosphere, and learn from it.

I really didn't think it was going to win: the other place, about the home of a famous architect, seemed to be doing way better in the polls, but in the last week the polls were hidden, and loads of Baha'is must have heard about it then and started voting.

It is a wonderful Ridvan gift to the Baha'i community!

Return to “Discussion”