The revelation of the next Manifestation of God.

All research or scholarship questions
Deemetync

The revelation of the next Manifestation of God.

Postby Deemetync » Tue May 01, 2007 12:44 pm

These are other points to be noted when contemplating on the revelation of the next Manifestation of God.

The following is to be noted inplementary to the post of Omid Townsend.

As already established before in the Kitáb-i-Aqdas (¶37)

"Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years, such a man is assuredly a lying imposter. We pray God that He may graciously assist him to retract and repudiate such claim. Should he repend, God will, no doubt, forgive him. If, however, he persisteth in his errror, God will assuredly, send down one who will deal mercilessly with him. Terrible, indeed, is God in punishing! Whosoever interpreteth this verse otherwise than its obvious meaning is deprived of the Spirit of God and of His mercy which epasseth all created things..."

-The next Manifestation of God will note for another 1000.

Although the Most Holy Book was revealed in 1873 (therefore the next manifestation due toe down at least at 2873 AD), this is a reference to the Greater Covenant of God. Therefore, it can, also, be taken into consideration that Bahá'u'lláh had his hidden intimation in the Síyáh-Chál from October 16-28 1852, and so the next manifestation not being due until 2852. Bahá'u'lláh also declared, privately, in the garden of Ridván (Geographically the same place as the garden of Eden) in April 21, 1863. So another option is that another manifestation won'te at least until 2863. These datings are in significant for the daily overall study, but is good to be contemplated on.

Scattered in His Writings, Bahá'u'lláh, repeatedly, reveales the phrase

"He doeth, whatsoever He willeth, and ordaineth what he desireth."
(the latter of the passage has varying wording)

-It can be debated that, this passage alone, can 'over-rule' the passage in the Most Holy Book. Because it can establish that if God wills it, he can reveal his Manifestation at any time he willeth. But it does not coencide with the fact that God will punish him who is a false prophet. This fact is astounding.

In the Kitáb-i-Íqán, Bahá'u'lláh reveals

"Consider the past. How many, both high and low, have at all times, yearningly awaited the advent of the Manifestations of God in the sanctified person of His chosen Ones... And whensoever the prtals of grade did open, and the clouds of divine bounty did rain upon mankind, the light of the Unseen did shine above the horizon of celestial might, they all denied Him, and turned away from His face-the face of God Himself. "(KI, p.4)

-This is passage can also be debated to be a prediction of the future. It can prophecise that the next manifestation can, too be rejected, but this is not to be mistaken to include the Universal House of Justice. In other places, in both the Íqán and other scriptures, (which I am still looking for) there are proofs that the next manifestation of God will be rejected by the outwardly learned. This argument can also be aided by the passage, "He doeth whatsoever He willeth" because it can be a test for the outwardly learned not to be so direct in the verses. But this can also be strongly argued against, for the Aqdas reveals, "Whosoever interpreteth this verse otherwise than its obvious meaning..."

Some other ideas to take into consideration

-The next Manifestation of God may be female (because prior to the revelation of Bahá'u'lláh, there was no equality)

-He/She may reveal Him/Herself at a much younger age

-The Universal House of Justice is divinely guided, therefore it will acknowledge when the next Manifestation of God hase

-There will be false prophets (I am still in the proccess of finding proofs from the Writings

These are just some things to think about. It should, under no circumstances be taken up as anyway authoritative, because all the thoughtsposed are my own.

dyesneancyDex

Postby dyesneancyDex » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:22 am

because prior to the revelation of Bahá'u'lláh, there was no equality

i am not sure that can be used that way. the white buffallo calf women was a prophet amoungst the lakota. in most native cultures women are equals, yet they are seen with different talents and responsiblities.

not to say that the Next will not be a women, but that in my view there have been women prophets even if TBCW was only a saint.

yours comments are interesting and noteworthy thanks for sharing them

if you need a link or two for TWBCW note it and i will post it.

cya

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:37 pm

hi, "someone"

just so u know, "cardmaster_" was actually a spammer. What he would do was copy and paste random postings from other users from this forum, and post it as though it was his own. Then, at the end of his posting,he would link to the sites which he was trying to advertise...

the moderators of this site then decided to keep some of his posts, and deleted the links at the bottom of his posts...

(im telling u this just so you know, so dont expect to have a lengthy conversation coz this person has loooong gone!)

dyesneancyDex

Postby dyesneancyDex » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:54 am

thanks,

the internet has gotten so disappointing latley

Jonah
Site Admin

Postby Jonah » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:20 pm

the internet has gotten so disappointing lately

Yes, it can be. Thank goodness for the help of our volunteer moderators like british_bahai who have noticed, and alerted us to, some of these spammers! That's the key to finding useful information on the internet: find a well-policed, well-maintained site. I've never been disappointed with Wikipedia, for example.

-Jonah

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:08 pm

Is the Kitáb-i-Aqdas refering to solar or lunar years?
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:51 am

Zazaban wrote:Is the Kitáb-i-Aqdas refering to solar or lunar years?
I think solar years.

Reason why:
(Kitab Aqdas page 225) wrote:Given that the Bahá’í calendar (see notes 26 and 147) is a solar calendar, it remains for the Universal House of Justice to determine whether the Twin Holy Birthdays are to be celebrated on a solar or lunar basis.
Source: last few sentences on http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/KA/ka-155.html

Return to “Discussion”