Pupil of the Eye/Power of Unity proofing/scan volunteers?

All research or scholarship questions
brettz9

Pupil of the Eye/Power of Unity proofing/scan volunteers?

Postby brettz9 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:13 pm

Good news!

We have just been given permission by Palabra (and the compiler, Bonnie Taylor) to publish "Pupil of the Eye: African-Americans in the World Order of Bahá'u'lláh" and "The Power of Unity", two excellent compilations with numerous quotations not published elsewhere.

We may be given an earlier version of "Pupil of the Eye" to work off of, but we'd need to start from scratch for "The Power of Unity" (except to search onsite for quotations already published elsewhere to incorporate into our copy of the compilation--with proof-reading for verification).

If there are any volunteers who could help scan, proofread, and/or find quotations which it contains (for those quotations already published), please let me know, as it would be wonderful to have these resources from the Writings available to all online.

best wishes,
Brett

p.s. There is still also a need for proof-readers for Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-86, Ministry of the Custodians, and possibly soon for Messages of Shoghi Effendi to the Indian Subcontinent which is currently being converted to text from scanned images (i.e., OCR'ed), as well as proofreaders for the indexes to the Writings which should be scanned in the near future.

brettz9

Update

Postby brettz9 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:58 am

BruceDLimber

Re: Pupil of the Eye/Power of Unity proofing/scan volunteers

Postby BruceDLimber » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:15 am

brettz9 wrote:There is still also a need for proof-readers for Messages from the Universal House of Justice. . . .

Have you contacted the Baha'i Digital Proofreading Project?

(If you need a contact email address, please let me know.)

Peace, :-)

Bruce

brettz9

Re: Pupil of the Eye/Power of Unity proofing/scan volunteers

Postby brettz9 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Yes, have been in touch, thanks!

Best wishes,
Brett

Return to “Discussion”