Baha'i "Wish" Prayers? What are they?

All research or scholarship questions
Allah Is The Truth

Baha'i "Wish" Prayers? What are they?

Postby Allah Is The Truth » Tue May 03, 2005 9:27 pm

Allah-u-Abha

I was on another Baha'i Forum and someone started a topic about a Baha'i "Wish" prayer that you say a certain amount of times and make a wish and it is supposed to come true. The author of it posted the one he was talking about, but said there were several.

Does anyone know more about this?
Say: He is Allah, the One!
Allah, the ternally Besought of all!
He begetteth not nor was begotten.
And there is none comparable unto him.

Sura 112 (al-ikhlas) of the Noble Qur'an.

Allah Is The Truth

Postby Allah Is The Truth » Fri May 06, 2005 7:53 pm

Apparently this is a prayer of Al-Bab' that says "Is there any remover of difficulties save God"? Does that sound familiar?
Say: He is Allah, the One!

Allah, the ternally Besought of all!

He begetteth not nor was begotten.

And there is none comparable unto him.

Sura 112 (al-ikhlas) of the Noble Qur'an.

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Sat May 07, 2005 12:45 am

Hello,

No, sorry, I haven't heard of this...It sounds like it may be just what we call "kitab-i-hearsay"...

take care,
Brett

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Sun May 29, 2005 5:10 pm

i think youre talking about a forum topic i started on myspace
no its real

you can ask persians about it, its not made up.
the instructions and tradition of it is all in persian and yet to be translated
heres some info

He said: "Bid them recite:'Is there any Remover of difficulties save God? Say: Praised be God! He is God! All are His servants, and all abode by His bidding!' Tell them to repeat it five hundred times, nay, a thousand times, by day and by night, sleeping and waking, that haply the Countenance of Glory may be unveiled to their eyes, and tiers of light descend upon them." He Himself, I was subsequently informed, recited this same verse, His face betraying the utmost sadness…. Several times during those days, He was to discern the slightest response on their part". Oftentimes He alluded to His disappearance from out midst, yet none of us understood His meanings."

To be said 313 times for difficulties: Say God sufficeth all things above all things, and nothing in the heavens or in the earth but God sufficeth. Verily, He is in Himself the Knower, the Sustainer, the Omnipotent. - The Bab,

There are several more that are untranslated. "Say God Sufficeth" is translated but the incantation is in Persian.

it works

i know someone whos exhusband was fatally ill. doctors said he wouldnt live through the night. she said the prayer, 313 times, by the morning he was better

Dawud

Postby Dawud » Sun May 29, 2005 8:44 pm

"Thank you, Saint Jude"!

Or there's the wish-fulfilling mantra of instant enlightenment. Repeat again and again as fast as you can:

OWAH....TAFU....LAYAM....

majnun

Postby majnun » Sun May 29, 2005 10:29 pm

Dear appreciated Dawud,

there is a difference between plain superstitions and
the effects a sacred writing on the human brain.
I ya read the valleys in persian, you will feel a
difference in your nice person. ta ta...

Majnun.

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Sun May 29, 2005 10:39 pm

its not an incantation religion. its not really discussed or talked about, its used in grace and modesty. its for difficulties or aid. we have a healing prayer for the sick, specifically to ask God for assistance, and thats universal.

plus the prayer i mentioned doesnt work unless one is truely sincere in saying it, each of the times.

Return to “Discussion”