I'm missing something...

All research or scholarship questions

I'm missing something...

Postby Guest » Wed May 25, 2005 11:39 am

Hello,

What does one do when to finally understand - when try as they might they feel like they are missing something?

I feel like I am missing the big picture with regard to God and His Creation.

What is the purpose, in their respective capacities, of making 6.1 billion humans, millions of animals, plants & minerals participate in this?

I wonder this because we are told we have no power, that we are not self sufficient, that we are without the ability to know anything He hasn't given us to know...

Than...what am I missing?

He is in total control. We can't even come up with an original thought to interest Him or have a conversation.

majnun

Can you give more details ?

Postby majnun » Thu May 26, 2005 11:13 pm

Where is it written that we must be powerless
vegetable with no brains ? Could you make precisions,
before this honorable audience, of what is the “bug” for
you person ?
Could you tell me more about this “big picture” you say you are missing?
I’m just asking this to catch a clearer view of you questions.

Majnun

Re: Can you give more details ?

Postby Guest » Tue May 31, 2005 9:44 am

Could you tell me more about this “big picture” you say you are missing?

Okay, let me try...

Ideally, an individual is suppose to behave according to the scriptures, true?

So, ultimately, if a person did just that - behaved strictly according to what the scriptures mandate - then what would be left of the person?

With regard.

majnun

Postby majnun » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:30 pm

Re:

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:42 pm

Hello.

Well, I don't know, Majnun. It is hard
to be human. Well, for me it is. It is a
world designed for continuous change.
Human beings being pushed onward onward
to change their character, improve their character.

It can be exhausting.

A blade of grass was created in a state of perfection.
It does not need to change / improve.

A grain of sea salt was created in a state of perfection.

An ostrich was created in a state of perfection.

Just us humans walk the long road of change / improvement from base self
to closer to perfection.

I appreciate your mention of certain Writings. Surely they will help in the journey from base self to closer to perfection. However,
the point I was posting about was the bigger picture of why the necessity has to exists at all.

I guess it doesn't matter. It exists and
we humans all have to walk the road from base self to closer to perfection.

Take care. God Bless us One & All.

majnun

here is a "point"

Postby majnun » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:20 am

It may be difficult to be human,
especially if we wear some hidden
personal things inside. The road toward
happiness is not that difficult tho.

Why is it difficult for you, to be human ?
Where is your difficulty ? Is it the job, the
country, the media, the co-workers ?
In other words, what exhaust you personally ?

The necessity of a program for our brain is vital,
not to be exhausted (as you put it), and to develop quickly.

We possess a huge amount of inner connections,
and we need to be teached how to connect them together, in order for
the brain works perfectly well. Let me try some
easy mathematics here: (gee, I imitate Dr Phil ! , tut tut tut)

Watch this easy equation, it is a rule of 3 i tought
about 2 days ago, in the half sleep condition (valley 6)

R x B = H (Results)
.. T2

where

Religion from Allah / Elohim X my Brain = Results (harmony, real happiness)
.. (in/on) Time (zaman)

If a religion, applied to the brain (recited daily),
brings good Results in your life, after a certain Time span,
it is an efficient program that makes you grow toward Happiness.

Actually, it is much more than that, if we start with the
Valleys and follow the program chronologically,
our brain will accelerate quickly according to the
Plan designed by our creators. Simple as A, B, C.
And please don’t drink wine with that.

If we don’t feel any agreable results, well maybe
that this particular program is not good for us.
There are other programs (religions), similar to Baha’i,
but with a slightly different approach,
one is meditative, the other is openly atheist.
These programs will be efficient, if applied
properly, for five hundred to a thousand years.

What do you think of my equation ?

Majnun

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:56 am

Hello.

Gosh, I don't know Majnun. I apologize, but I don't really
understand your post.

I guess you're talking down to me or being rude
maybe, I'm not real sure.

I guess you've made an assumption that I am Baha'i...then another assumption that I am unhappy with the Baha'i Writings... then I think you have suggested I abandon that and meditate or become an atheist.
My apologies for posting here.

God Bless.

majnun

Postby majnun » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:41 pm

farid

Postby farid » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:22 pm

There are other programs (religions), similar to Baha’i,
but with a slightly different approach,
one is meditative, the other is openly atheist.
These programs will be efficient, if applied
properly...

I was surprised by this quote of yours , Majnun. If you believe in Bahai faith, then how can you say that being atheist is efficient in someone's self-development?

Also Majnun , from all you wrote I got the impression that you think if we make as much progress in self-development as possible, then at some point we will be able to understand answer to the question guest has asked. I don't know how you have come to this conclusion or where you have read such a thing. There are divine secrets that only special people get to know, there are other divine secrets that only prophets of God know, and yet there are other secrets that even prophets don't know.

So my simple answer to you "guest" is that the real reason behind creation is hidden from us humans. All the reasons given to us in scripturs are secondary , lets look at some of them.
a-God created us out of his love for us.
b-God created us since he wanted us to know him and love him and praise him .
c-God created us to give us a chance of spiritual growth.

none of these explain the real reason of creation.
a-why God loved to create us?
b-God doen'st need our love or praise or us being aware of him, since he is far greater than us, and he doesn't need us in any way.
c- need of spiritual growth arises only after humans are created, so if God hadn't created us in the first place, no spiritual growth was necessary.

I don't know if you are familiar with Farsi mystic literatures or with Bahai writings. Everywhere you look you'll notice how humans are an absolute nothing compared to God. If God wants to keep something secret from us, believe me, it will remain secret.
But this doen'st have anything to do with being frustrated or disappointed or aimless im life, since the same God knows our needs and he has shown us the way to get them. Religion is not the aim, it is the means
So , yes, you have to obey the scriptures and you won't be a robot if you do that. Religion is like a manual that shows you how to work with your, lets say,scientific calculator. Your aim is to get able to use the calculator(or any other machine the manual is for). Religion gives you this ability;after you possess this aliblity, you'll be able to use this machine in the ways you wish and reap its benefits which are endless and bring you all the joy and happiness and satisfaction. I am sure nobody prefers to waste his time trying to figure out what the right way to operate a complicated machine is when he has the manual.

majnun

Postby majnun » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:05 pm

farid

Postby farid » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:44 pm

Based on religious teachings, in order to achieve being a good human , you have to followe religious teachings , which are given to us by the creator and you have to believe in the one God, so if you are a believer in Bahai faith or any other religion, you can't say that you can achieve the same goal even if you chose atheism. Master teaches us that even if a perosn does all the good things in the world, but is not a believer in the manifestaion of God, he is only a corpse, without soul. And Bahaullah at the start of Kitab Aqdas states that belief and action come together and none of them are accepted without the other. I think everyone can understand this with the smallest study of writings.

majnun

Postby majnun » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:45 pm

farid

Postby farid » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:21 pm

It seems to me that you still think that good deeds are enough by themselves , even if you are an atheist. These are the very first verses in Kitab Aqdas:

The first duty prescribed by God for His servants is the recognition of Him Who is the Dayspring of His Revelation and the Fountain of His laws, Who representeth the Godhead in both the Kingdom of His Cause and the world of creation. Whoso achieveth this duty hath attained unto all good; and whoso is deprived thereof hath gone astray, though he be the author of every righteous deed. It behoveth everyone who reacheth this most sublime station, this summit of transcendent glory, to observe every ordinance of Him Who is the Desire of the world. These twin duties are inseparable. Neither is acceptable without the other. Thus hath it been decreed by Him Who is the Source of Divine inspiration.
(Baha'u'llah: The Kitab-i-Aqdas, Page: 19)

(empahses are from me)

As you see, if you do all the good deeds, they won't be accepted from you unless you recongnize the Dayspring of relvelation of God.

big difference between the baha'i way
and religions before it, it that we have
to put this program in action, not just
merely say i beleive in god then think : "i am saved."

You are so wrong again.I wonder where you get your information from. Lets take a look at two of the religions before Bahai faith , christianity and Islam:

christianity

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."(Matt 5:20)
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity". (Matt 7:21-23)

Islam

"Verily, those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, their Lord will guide them through their Faith; under them will flow rivers in the Gardens of delight (Paradise)."(Yunus :2)

"And those who have earned evil deeds, the recompense of an evil deed is the like thereof, and humiliating disgrace will cover them (their faces). No defender will they have from Allâh." (Yunus :27)

these are only a couple of examples of the many. In koran, those who believe and do good deeds always come together when God is addressing them for assuring them of their rewards.

Return to “Discussion”