a Bahai world beyond this one....

All research or scholarship questions
raven

Postby raven » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:20 am

In my studies of the Bahai Faith I have come across references to "the next realm" that leave me less than satisfied. I would very much appreciate any thoughts on this subject that any of you might offer.
Blessings to all....

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:45 am

The next realm is the Abha realm.

"The Master has told us that gifts and good deeds done in memory of those who have passed on, are most helpful to the development of their souls in the realms beyond....,"

http://bahai-library.com/unpubl.compila ... erals.html

CIII. God hath, through His tongue that uttereth the truth, testified in
all His Tablets to these words: "I am He that liveth in the Abha Realm of
Glory."

http://www.bahai-library.com/study/mari ... adise.html

Allah'u'abha,
Zain

Hasan

Re: a Bahai world beyond this one....

Postby Hasan » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:48 am

raven wrote:In my studies of the Bahai Faith I have come across references to "the next realm" that leave me less than satisfied. I would very much appreciate any thoughts on this subject that any of you might offer.
Blessings to all....

Dear "raven" could you specify what makes you "unsatisfied", thanks.

raven

Postby raven » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:28 pm

I have been unable to locate much info at all beyond the fact that this realm exists in some way.....am I looking in the wrong places?

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:34 pm

The Baha'i Faith, more than any previous religion, gives a significant amount of hints about the nature of the next world--though we are also told that we can never adequately intimate to it.

Part 3 of "Gleannigs from the Writings of Baha'u'llah" deals with this (starting at no. 77-99).

This is only a rough categorization, but if you keep going through the sections, you should see several dealing with this topic.

best wishes,
Brett

raven

Thanks

Postby raven » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:45 am

Thanks to those who gave advice in my search...I also found Gems by Baha'u'llah to give great insight! I found this site http://www.near-death.com/ I esp was interested in the article involving the new physics. Anyone know where else I can find articles and conversation of this sort?
Blessings,
raven

Hasan

Postby Hasan » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:35 am

Anyone know where else I can find articles and conversation of this sort?

"Raven" the conversation can be here! for example, it seems that the communication in the other world is both telepathic and spiritual.

raven

and spiritual?

Postby raven » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:17 pm

Can you explain what you mean when you say"both" telepathic and spiritual?
Thankyou so much for being willing to discuss this with me.

Blessings,
raven

Hasan

Re: and spiritual?

Postby Hasan » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:16 pm

raven wrote:Can you explain what you mean when you say"both" telepathic and spiritual?

There are these quotes of Lights of Guidance:

1735. Psychic Powers in Children -- Dangerous to Cultivate
"What 'Abdu'l-Bahá always pointed out in this matter is that these psychic powers were not to be used in this world, and that, indeed, it was dangerous to cultivate them here. They should be left dormant, and not exploited, even when we do so with the sincere belief we are helping others. We do not understand their nature and have no way of being sure of what is true and what is false in such matters.
"If children are inclined to be psychic they should not be blamed for it too harshly; they should not be encouraged to strengthen their powers in this direction."
(From a letter written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer, March 4, 1946 Ibid, p. 1)
(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 513)

1742. True Mystical Experiences Rare
"Regarding your question: In His chapter on 'Visions and Communications with Spirits' in 'Some Answered Questions' the Master evidently desires to point out that there can be, under certain rare circumstances, such as those experienced by the Prophets, communion with some soul gone before into the invisible world, but that most of this type of experience which people often claim to have with departed souls is nothing but the product of their own imaginations-however real it may seem to them to be.
"We have no way of knowing historically, at present, whether the experience 515 Saul had of Samuel was an actual spiritual intercourse. It is not the product of imagination, however, as the Bible unmistakably affirms it.
"Truly mystical experiences based on reality are very rare, and we can readily see how dangerous it is for people to go groping about in the darkness of their imagination after the true thing. That is why, as you point out, we are warned against all psychical practices by the Master.
"If we are going to have some deeply spiritual experience we can rest assured God will vouchsafe it to us without having to look for it."
(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi, dated October 25, 1942, to an individual believer, Ibid, p. 2)

1743. No Need for Individual Revelations
"The Guardian thinks that it is best to assume that generally speaking when people claim they are receiving messages or communications from the Master or Bahá'u'lláh, etc., it is a psychic experience or their imagination, and that they are not in real contact with them. These Holy Beings have the channels of the Cause through which to guide us. They do not need to go outside these and send individual revelations."
(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi, dated December 22, 1947, to an individual believer: Ibid, p. 3)
(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 514)

1756. Spiritualism and Psychic Phenomena
"There is no ambiguity about the Master's attitude towards psychic forces. He very strongly warned the believers against using them."
(From a letter written on behalf of the Guardian, August 9, 1945 to the National Spiritual Assembly of the British Isles, Ibid)
(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 517)

majnun

Postby majnun » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:05 am

Near death experiences is a subject
that excite many young people who are
not sure of many things. For some it become
a temporary religion, or an obcession.

The deep reasons why many try to contact
something they suppose is outside of them,
are plenty enough to write an encyclopedia.

Since you have some knowledge of "Gems",
the time must be near where sometimes
you may feel you are in a parallel world, if you
compare to how you lived your life before
little changes were induced (in you) by the
writings.

Concerning telepathic habilities, we face
a comic phenomenon, similar to what happens
when you say to somebody, or to a member :

"You can access to everyday of your life, to all
of what is recorded inside, if you understand
valley 2 out of the 4's. "
Most people will say: ah , you are joking,
this is impossible !

It think these brain zones (telepathic) can be
re activated, maybe after the clean up is completed,
after the valley mentioned, but i am not sure of what
i say here. It is just a possibility i figured.

Majnun.

Return to “Discussion”