Looking for a Hadith

All research or scholarship questions
Keyvan

Looking for a Hadith

Postby Keyvan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:27 am

I heard there is a Hadith of some sort that said that Imam Mahdi would be killed by Muslims...that that is why Sam Khan originally attempted to bring in an Armenian Christian firing squad to carry out the execution.

does anyone know where i can find this hadith? thanks

farid

Postby farid » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:06 am

I doubt that there is such a hadith mentioned as a strong or reliable hadith somewhere , or Bahai authors had used it in their books.
If you can get a hold of Biharul Anwar vol. xiii , look for it there, you may find something there. I wish I knew where I could find this volume.

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:42 pm

This seems like it kind of alludes to the same thing?

In the "Dala'il-i-Sab'ih," the Bab reveals the following: "The hadith `Adhirbayjan' referring to this matter says: `The things which will happen in Adhirbayjan are necessary for us, nothing can prevent their occurrence. Remain therefore in your homes, but if you hear that an agitator has appeared then hasten towards him.' And the hadith continues, saying: `Woe to the Arabs, for the civil war is near!' If, in speaking these last words, the Prophet had intended to refer to his own mission, his statement would have been vain and worthless." ("The Book of Seven Proofs," Nicolas' translation, p. 47.)

(Dawn-Breakers, Chapter 13, p. 259, footnote 1)

Brett

Return to “Discussion”