Bahá'í Mother Temple of South America

All research or scholarship questions
Hasan

Bahá'í Mother Temple of South America

Postby Hasan » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:08 pm

The Regional Commission of Environment of the Metropolitan Region (of Santiago) approved the Study of Environmental Impact, which seemed to be the last obstacle for the construction of the Temple.

Source: local newspaper "La Tercera" - Chile

http://www.tercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,3255_5666_183968756,00.html

onepence

good news

Postby onepence » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:48 pm

hey ... that is good news .. I had submitted a proposal and a design for the Temple, but was turned down ...

at first I didn't like the design that was chosen too much ... but after a bit of study ... I found the Temple design that was chosen just fine even extraodinary ... it reminds me of a "new creation" that we see only the dimmest outline of ... shhhh ...

just one pillar top

oneness
dh

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:28 pm

i went to a speech by Mr. Hariri yesturday, where he explained the whole process of how he designed it. its really incredible.
he said there is ONE last obsticle left, and its driving them crazy trying to get that approval.

one pence, is there anyway i can see your design. im curious as to other ideas that went out for it.

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:13 pm

Keyvan wrote:i went to a speech by Mr. Hariri yesturday...he said there is ONE last obsticle left, and its driving them crazy trying to get that approval...

Hey Keyvan, could you tell us what the obstacle is?

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:57 pm

Keyvan wrote:i went to a speech by Mr. Hariri yesturday, where he explained the whole process of how he designed it. its really incredible.
he said there is ONE last obsticle left, and its driving them crazy trying to get that approval.

one pence, is there anyway i can see your design. im curious as to other ideas that went out for it.

the divine Mystery grows
as His tent unfolds

Hey Keyvan,

My proposal was one that was both old & new ... as old as creation itself and as new as a babies first cry ... lol ...

I suppose I didn't do a very good job in presenting my conceptal idea ... no working model, just a book with some basic poetry and a section of commonly known Scripture about the Mashriqu'l-Adhkar, and my propsal was postmarked 3 days past the cut off date ... so like I said I suppose I didn't do a very good job in presenting my conceptial idea ... ... ... ... chuckling & smiling ... .. ... .. but man o man did I ever have a great time imagining & dreaming & writing poetry about our House of Worship ... ...

The way I saw it it was a tent ... ... how hard is that ... ... a tent ... ... pretty simple pretty basic .... don't need no stinking model

{although i did try but all the people I encountered were steeped in apathy and I didn't want to go outside the Baha'i community for help in the first round general study feasablity proposal , so no model} ...

don't need no stinking model for it is a tent ... just a tent how hard could it be ? ... ... ... ..

but my o my ... how beautiful a tent it is .... and of course all the support buildings would be tent ... ... ... and the tent city grows very very quickly beside it .... ... ... I mean before long streams of pilgrimages would be flowing, not to mention communities acrooss the globe would vie for a place to display their unique contributions to the warp & woof of this mighty Mashriqu'l-Adhkar ...

... yeah the poetry is pretty much lost now ... in some dusty tomb of some long forgotten record keepers office ... but maybe oneday it will be dusted off and read again ... maybe one day ...

... some interesting aspects of courrse are ... ... the ribs and fabric could be cut and shaped to resemple almost anything past present and future ... ... pilliars could store bolts of fabric that could be selected and then streched from pillar to pillar, top to bottom or bottom to top included, .... ... fabric could be anything and everything;stained glass, petals from the holy land encased in {?plastic?},cloth,metal,rock,fire,water,etc....

if wanted pillars themselves could be mobile;on a track ,go underground, or even raise into the dome

the dome ... and this is about the only unique charastic I feel I added to His tent ... could be made of Wilmette stone and the Greatest Name being mostly open to the heavens, yet filled in during inclement weather ...

yeah ... if I do say so myself it was a pretty cool idea/proposal ... in America the Christian religion once had great "tent revivals" ... but these things as in all things are worthless unless the Administrative Order says go ahead with our blessings ...

and do you know no one had the decency to write and say we got your proposal ? ... no one wrote and said thanks for your contribution however the final five is so & so ... i mean ... i tried to take it all in stride ... yet ... i try not to feel slighted .... i mean i got the message through the news that my proposal wasn't selected so ... i mean ... i guess .... they didn't have to write thanks but no thanks ... i got the message rather loud & clear ... ... ... but in all honesty part of me still hurts ... ... ... what a great job to build His tent His mighty Mashriqu'l-Adhkar ... ... ah well ...

on to other jobs

oneness
dh

ps ... after my initial shock of no vote, no note, no thank you to my proposal I started to write a brief note of congradulatoury to the winner architect, but the note ended up being a more of a contibution that was sent to NSA Chile in which stated that whenever I thing of The Mother Temple of South America I will always think about comfort and ease .... and I enclosed 50k Iraqi dinar and 2 troy ounces of silver and snail mailed it to NSA Chile {and yet again, no reply note} ... {{{the divine Mystery grows}}}

so later one day as I was looking at the current form of the SA Mother Temple ... it occurred to me that this temple design would look really good atop of one of my tent posts/pillars ...

like the minurets of old

oneness
dh

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:26 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Keyvan wrote:i went to a speech by Mr. Hariri yesturday...he said there is ONE last obsticle left, and its driving them crazy trying to get that approval...

Hey Keyvan, could you tell us what the obstacle is?

he said something about...a certain official (or officials) left needing to sign clearance.

that is, for the past few years, it was red tape red tape red tape, and now they have everything signed and done, just one more left.

i dont have any further detals :-\

onepence

via Google Earth

Postby onepence » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:44 pm

Just browsing Yahoo news
looking for Baha'i news
found yahoo also includes blogs with news
found the following web thought interesting

http://keldan.livejournal.com/61870.html

Bahá'í Houses of Worship via Google Earth...
I thought I get y'all a chance to see some of the Bahá'í Houses of Worship from a bird's-eye view...brought to you by Google Maps. Without further ado:

Wilmette, Illinois, USA (just north of Chicago)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 005407&t=k

Kampala, Uganda

Ingleside, Australia (just north of Sydney)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 005407&t=h

Langenhain, Germany (just west of Frankfurt)

Panama City, Panama
Tiapapata, Samoa

Bahapur, Kalkaji, Delhi, India

Santiago, Chile

The satellite imagery of Uganda and Samoa is not yet detailed enough to be able to see anything, and, try as I might, I couldn't seem to find the temple in Panama. The Santiago temple is under construction (or soon to be, I'm not quite sure). Anyone who wants to see what the finished product should look like, though, can check this out
http://temple.cl.bahai.org/
- which, depending on your mood, can be either spiritually uplifting or incredibly cheesy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Post a new comment)

wow, the South America temple is gorgeous.
(Reply to this)

Return to “Discussion”