Baha'i Writings "TV"

All research or scholarship questions
brettz9

Baha'i Writings "TV"

Postby brettz9 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi all,

Wanted to let you know of a little page which will let you get random selections from the Writings, refreshing the page every specified number of seconds with a new random selection: http://bahai-library.com/bahai-writings-tv/

I came up with this idea as I was in need of rest but looking at the Writings displayed from my computer into my television, and thought it would be nice to have the Writings change automatically for me.

Change the number of seconds higher to avoid too frequent refreshing.

Best,
Brett

brettz9

Re: Baha'i Writings "TV"

Postby brettz9 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:38 pm

Some unimplemented features I'd still like to get added include:

* Automated gradual downward scrolling (based on the word count in view perhaps)
* Display the title and URL of the random page (technical note: will require conversion of server randomizing code into JavaScript)
* History with back/forward, so one can not only freeze on a quotation but go back to a prior visited one
* More granular control of category (e.g., random selections from Baha'u'llah only, the Hidden Words only, etc.)
* Get to work with Mediawiki, so refreshing random pages can be shown from Bahai9.com, en.bahaitext.org, Bahaimedia, etc., and optionally allowing randomization or alphabetical sequence within the site, a category, or page section.

Return to “Discussion”