Ridvan message, 2015

All research or scholarship questions
Sen McGlinn

Ridvan message, 2015

Postby Sen McGlinn » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:19 pm

The 2015 Ridvan message from the Universal House of Justice is available as plain html text on the documents archive of my Bahai studies blog (https://senmcglinn.wordpress.com/docume ... sage-2015/). It is also available as a pdf from the Universal House of Justice's official site (http://universalhouseofjustice.bahai.or ... 150421_001).

This year’s message, in seven paragraphs, refers to various signs that the moral force that sustains society has been depleted, and contrasts that to the community-building process in which the Bahais are participating.

Paragraph six summarizes recent developments:
– efforts to methodically catalogue and index the Bahai scriptures, so as to accelerate their publication in both the original languages and in English translations.
– work to establish eight Mashriqu’l-Adhkars (houses of worship) around the world.
– More effective external affairs work by the National Spiritual Assemblies.
– New branch Offices of the Baha’i International Community, in Addis Ababa and Jakarta, will assist the Bahais’ United Nations Offices in New York, Geneva and Brussels, to present Baha’i perspectives in Africa and Southeast Asia.
– The creation at the World Centre of the Office for the Development of Administrative Systems, to assist those National Spiritual Assemblies that are increasing their administrative capacities.
– Establishment of a seven-member International Advisory Board to the Office of Social and Economic Development, to focus on initiatives for social action to improve social and economic circumstances. Three members of the Board will also serve as the Office’s coordinating team and be resident in Israel.

MontanaDon

Re: Ridvan message, 2015

Postby MontanaDon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:15 am

For me, this is one of the most important statements - - - -
Change in a cluster, be it swift or hard won, flows neither from a formulaic approach nor from random activity; it proceeds to the rhythm of action, reflection, and consultation, and is propelled by plans that are the fruit of experience.
----------
Understood properly, all man's problems are essentially spiritual in nature.

Return to “Discussion”