"Prayer of the Pacific"?

All research or scholarship questions
Alria

"Prayer of the Pacific"?

Postby Alria » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:56 pm

A Baha'i friend is doing research on the Faith in Hawaii. She is trying to locate what she has always heard referred to as "The Prayer of the Pacific" and would greatly appreciate any reference to such a prayer, including pilgrim's notes, provisional translations, etc.

I have never heard of it and am hoping that someone on the Forum has. Thank you for any ideas you may have on the subject.

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Re: "Prayer of the Pacific"?

Postby Jonah-admin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:49 am

I guess no-one around here has heard of it, either. It's not in the Leiden List of all known Tablets: http://bahai-library.com/mcglinn_leiden_list

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:50 pm

You might write to your National Spiritual Assembly to ask... And, it might be even better for her if she requested it through her LSA, as this is the generally recommended protocol, and also might bring a faster result.

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:02 am

This was just sent to me:
"O Thou Pure and Omnipotent God! O Thou my kind Lord! Grant me such power as to enable me to withstand the onslaught of the peoples and kindreds of the world, and give me such might as to cause the waves of my endeavors, like unto the Pacific Ocean, to reach the shores of both East and West." — 'Abdu'l-Baha

MontanaDon

Postby MontanaDon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:47 pm

It is an approved translation published in "MEMORIES OF NINE YEARS IN 'AKKA", Dr. Youness Afroukhteh.
"My dear reader, in this third chapter of the book the pen has run wild and the story grown long. But alas, alas, not even this overly-long presentation can truly depict a drop from the ocean of what I can remember observing. What I experienced at that threshold requires another than I, a different pen than my inadequate one. Therefore, to comfort the minds and gladden the hearts of the friends, I present below one of 'Abdu'l-Baha's short prayers revealed at a time of difficulties and troubles, to bring this chapter to a happy conclusion; and through the power of these transforming words I entreat Him for heavenly confirmations for you and for myself."
----------
Understood properly, all man's problems are essentially spiritual in nature.

Return to “Discussion”