The Greatest Holy Leaf - Bahiyyih Khanum's shrine

All research or scholarship questions
larry

The Greatest Holy Leaf - Bahiyyih Khanum's shrine

Postby larry » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:58 am

Dear friends,
Does anyone know where I can find the prayer that is recited at The Greatest Holy Leaf's shrine?
Thank you,
Larry

brettz9

Re: The Greatest Holy Leaf - Bahiyyih Khanum's shrine

Postby brettz9 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi Larry,

It looks like it might be this one: http://bahai-library.com/books/bahiyyih ... ll.html#12

FYI, in addition to that work, there are also some references to the Greatest Holy Leaf at http://bahai-library.com/compilation_ba ... -holy-leaf (note that some are presented as links)

Best wishes,
Brett

larry

Postby larry » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:53 am

Dear Brett,

Thank you for providing these heartfelt moving links in regards to The Greatest Holy Leaf. The first link you shared I overlooked searching for this prayer and I was very moved to read it. This beautiful Writing from our beloved Master however is addressing The Greatest Holy Leaf to visit the Shrine, "the ka’bih". I seem to recall there was a prayer one could say at the Shrine of The Greatest Holy Leaf and that is what I am looking for. I was recently asked by another Bahá'í if I could locate this prayer as she also has the understanding that there is such a prayer. I am still searching. It is possible we are mistaken about it's existence.

Please accept my sincere gratitude for sharing the links in your post.

Warmest regards,
Larry

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:19 am

My apologies on the oversight regarding the shrine. My concentration is a bit off these days. Glad the links were of some help though.

I do recall that the World Centre distributed such a prayer on a small pamphlet. I wonder whether it may have been this one:

Dear and deeply spiritual sister! At morn and eventide, with the utmost ardour and humility, I supplicate at the Divine Threshold, and offer this, my prayer:

`Grant, O Thou my God, the Compassionate, that that pure and blessed Leaf may be comforted by Thy sweet savours of holiness and sustained by the reviving breeze of Thy loving care and mercy. Reinforce her spirit with the signs of Thy Kingdom, and gladden her soul with the testimonies of Thy everlasting dominion. Comfort, O my God, her sorrowful heart with the remembrance of Thy face, initiate her into Thy hidden mysteries, and inspire her with the revealed splendours of Thy heavenly light. Manifold are her sorrows, and infinitely grievous her distress. Bestow continually upon her the favour of Thy sustaining grace and, with every fleeting breath, grant her the blessing of Thy bounty. Her hopes and expectations are centred in Thee; open Thou to her face the portals of Thy tender mercies and lead her into the ways of Thy wondrous benevolence.

Thou art the Generous, the All-Loving, the Sustainer, the All-Bountiful....'

Given the interest in the prayer, perhaps your friend may also be interested in a segment from Shoghi Effendi in the This Decisive Hour, section 64 (also in the earlier edition of this work, Messages to America, p. 31) speaking about those "who, aware of the greatness of their virtue and the pre-eminence of their lineage, desire to commune with their spirits" (p. 46)

larry

Postby larry » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:04 am

Dear Brett,

Thank you for providing these additional references. Your information about the World Centre distributing a small pamphlet may be a helpful clue in eventually finding this prayer.

With appreciation,
Larry

BritishBahai

Postby BritishBahai » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:37 am

larry wrote:Dear Brett,

Thank you for providing these additional references. Your information about the World Centre distributing a small pamphlet may be a helpful clue in eventually finding this prayer.

With appreciation,
Larry

I was given this leaflet when I went on pilgrimage to Haifa and have it somewhere
(Ive kind of lost it, haha!, but will try to find it and will post details of the text online)
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

Return to “Discussion”