Tablet of Signs by Bahá'u'lláh

All research or scholarship questions
larry

Tablet of Signs by Bahá'u'lláh

Postby larry » Fri May 22, 2020 11:56 am

Dear Friends,

Has anyone heard of a Tablet by Bahá'u'lláh called Tablet of Signs? Perhaps it is better known by an Arabic title? What is the source of this Tablet?

Thanks so much for anyone who can assist - Warm regards, Larry

larry

Re: Tablet of Signs by Bahá'u'lláh

Postby larry » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:33 pm

In regards to the source for Tablet of the Signs, it was just learned today that the person asking about this was evidently thinking about the Muslim obligatory prayer called 'Prayer of the Signs' and not a Tablet by Bahá'u'lláh.
The Prayer of the Signs is a special form of Muslim obligatory prayer that was ordained to be said in times of natural events, like earthquakes, eclipses, and other such phenomena, which may cause fear and are taken to be signs or acts of God. The requirement of performing this prayer has been annulled. In its place a Bahá'í may say, "Dominion is God's, the Lord of the seen and the unseen, the Lord of creation," but this is not obligatory. Aqdas p.122 Q/A 52. Also see Paragraph 11 p. 23 in the Kitáb-i-Aqdas.

MichaelTChase

Re: Tablet of Signs by Bahá'u'lláh

Postby MichaelTChase » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:57 am

In the Al-Kafi series of Shia Muslim Hadiths the Prayer for the Signs is written. It's most likely in Volume 2 or 3, which I have given away unfortunately, as it is Hadith, that comes later in the Volumes, that one should not sell or give away books because one never knows when one will need them.

larry

Re: Tablet of Signs by Bahá'u'lláh - correction?

Postby larry » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:13 am

FYI - Tablet of the Signs may be the Lawh-i-Ayat by 'Abdu'l-Bahá not Baha'u'lláh. In Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l‑Bahá pages 13-17 section -4-, does anyone know if this selection is from the Lawh-i-Ayat? Is this a partial translation or the full Tablet?
Thank you to anyone who can help.

Return to “Discussion”