Facing the Qiblih when praying

All research or scholarship questions

Facing the Qiblih when praying

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:53 pm

When saying the obligatory prayer we must face the Qiblih or Bahaullah's Shrine, and we are not required to face Bahaullah's Shrine when saying other ordinary prayers.

However is it more respectful if we face the Qiblih when saying any prayer if we know the direction and we are able to face that direction. For some reason when I am saying a prayer and am facing in a direction that does not point to the Qiblih I feel like I am showing me back to Bahaullah and praying to him. Is this a right thought that I have. For some reason it seems more respectful if we face the Qiblih when saying a prayer at home since we know the direction and we can.

Is there any writing on facing the Qiblih while praying, Id appreciat it thanks

Hasan

Postby Hasan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:09 am

onepence

Postby onepence » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:47 pm

ok ... I have no affliation with the following website ...

furthermore it is advertisement but hopefully Jonah and the friends will allow the link cuz it goes directly with the thought of this discussion ... ie face the Qiblih ...

also in a side note note realated to the following website {{{{ have seen a few pictures of hotels in the east who have little plaques on their ceilings in their rooms shpwing direction to Mecca}}}}}

Bahá'í compass

http://www.bahaicompass.com/

»The Bahá'í compass gives you the correct (geographical) direction and compass bearing to the Qiblih from all major cities worldwide. Wherever you travel - you will easily find the prayer direction. When you order from us - we provide you with a table and map for the prayer direction.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:14 pm

when we pray are we suppose to think in our heads that we are praying to God or to Bahaullah.

Is praying to God better or is praying to Bahaullah. I have read somewhere in the writing that it is more preferable if a prayer is said to God through Bahaullah. I have also read that AbdulBaha wrote that closest we can get to understanding God or of seeing him is Bahaullah, so by this he concluded that Bahaullah is God to us.
"Is there any remover of difficulty save God. Say praised be God, He is God.." the meaning of "He is God" is that Bahaullah is God. By the word "He" is meant Bahaullah.

So Im kind of confused, am I suppose to think in my head that I am saying a prayer to God through Bahaullah, so that Im thinking to two powers, one being God and the other being Bahaullah
OR
Am I suppose to think in my head that I am praying to Bahaullah and Bahaullah alone.

For instance when saying these words in the long obligatory prayer "The kingdoms of earth and heaven are Thine, O Lord of the worlds!" am I suppose to think that the "kingdoms of earth and heaven" are Bahaullah's
OR that the "kingdoms of earth and heaven" are God's.

I having trouble knowing who to direct my prayers to, can someone please clarify, thanks

CJ

Postby CJ » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:27 pm

thanks for the linke onepence

onepence

Postby onepence » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:57 pm

CJ wrote:thanks for the linke onepence

my pleasure ... the idea is very interesting ... i don't have one yet ... but it would be fun to have ...

may His blessing be with you and yours
for all the days of your lives

oneness
dh

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:47 am

“Certain ones among you,” He declared, “have said: ‘He it is Who hath laid claim to be God.’ By God! This is a gross calumny. I am but a servant of God Who hath believed in Him and in His signs... My tongue, and My heart, and My inner and My outer being testify that there is no God but Him, that all others have been created by His behest, and been fashioned through the operation of His Will.... I am He that telleth abroad the favors with which God hath, through His bounty, favored Me. If this be My transgression, then I am truly the first of the transgressors....”

http://bahai-library.com/published.uhj/ ... aha13.html

Return to “Discussion”