Dream about Bahaullah was different in different books

All research or scholarship questions
ravikrishna

Dream about Bahaullah was different in different books

Postby ravikrishna » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:39 am

My name is Ravi krishna from India...well, i want to know that the dream narrating about baha'u'llah is different in different books as follows

1. In the book called "KING OF GLORY" by H.M.BALYUZI... it was given that THE DREAM CAME TO BAHA'U'LLAH(BUT NOT TO HIS FATHER) IN HIS CHILD HOOD AND THEN AFTER BAHA'U'LLAH NARRATING THIS DREAM TO HIS FATHER, LATER ON HIS FATHER, CALLED ON FOR A DREAM INTREPRETER....

2. BUT IN THE " RUHI CURRICULUM " AND in the remaining books it was TOLD THAT " DREAM CAME TO BAHA'U'LLAHS FATHER ABOUT BAHA'U'LLAH IN HIS CHILDHOOD " AND THEN HE CALLED UPON THE DREAM INTREPRETER...

so, please kindly anybody tell me about the clashing of this dream and which one is correct, OR DID IT HAPPEN THAT TWO DREAMS CAME FOR THEM BOTH.....

I WOULD BE VERY THANKFUL.....FOR THIS DOUBT......

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:45 pm

I can't say for sure about your question, but you may be interested to know that this dream is included in a work which Shoghi Effendi translated and annotated (the Dawn-Breakers) on pp. 119-120 and in this version, the dream came to His father (as in the Ruhi series).

best wishes,
Brett

Shervin

Postby Shervin » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:17 pm

Which book of Balyuzi are you refering to? If you are talking about "Baha'u'llah: The King of Glory", then the dream is the same as in the Dawnbreakers and in the Ruhi books.

You may be refering to Baha'u'llah's vision in the Siyah-Chal, where he saw the Maiden. This is were he became aware of his mission, and this is different than the dream his father (Mirza Buzurg) had when Baha'u'llah was still a child - the dream where he is swimiing and the fish are holding to his locks, etc.

Return to “Discussion”