I need help.

All research or scholarship questions
Zazaban

I need help.

Postby Zazaban » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:43 pm

I almost seriously believed the lord of the rings as much as the baha'i faith. now i'm scared of my own mind. what the heck? i seriously WANT to believe in the baha'i faith! argh.... so confused... help....

Perhaps i should read a chapter of some answered questions. I felt muh more zealous the other day.... :?
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

onepence

Postby onepence » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:49 pm

where do you hail from Zazaban ?

think deeply before thou answerest.

oneness
the apostle dean

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:19 pm

Canada...

culturally perhaps it would be best to say Cascadia.

I read a bit of some answered questions and I feel better.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

onepence

Postby onepence » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:47 pm

I hear Canada is a good place ... that region makes some of the purest silver coins ... .9999 fine ... it is indeed a tremendous blessing to be reading SAQ ... please do keep us posted as to anything you deem worthy of writing about.

oneness
dh

majnun

Postby majnun » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:07 am

Dear friend Zabadan

Get a therapist quick.

MJ

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:58 am

majnun wrote:Dear friend Zabadan

Get a therapist quick.

MJ
I think what happened was that I was simplying getting far too into the book and stuff and ended up looking waaay too deep into stuff.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

Dorumerosaer

Postby Dorumerosaer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:35 am

Persian Hidden words, #11.
O SON OF DUST!
Blind thine eyes, that thou mayest behold My beauty; stop thine ears, that thou mayest hearken unto the sweet melody of My voice; empty thyself of all learning, that thou mayest partake of My knowledge; and sanctify thyself from riches, that thou mayest obtain a lasting share from the ocean of My eternal wealth. Blind thine eyes, that is, to all save My beauty; stop thine ears to all save My word; empty thyself of all learning save the knowledge of Me; that with a clear vision, a pure heart and an attentive ear thou mayest enter the court of My holiness.

My personal application of this verse, is that I literally close my mind to all things but the Sacred Texts. I pray to be guided to the right Book. I then focus on it, and *only* on it. I close out other books, newspapers, people -- I am blind and deaf to all things but Baha'u'llah, His Words, His thoughts.

This sinks the roots of the Word of God deep into my soul and mind, so that I learn to trust them more than anything else. This establishes an equilibrium that is never seriously disturbed.

When I became a Baha'i, I read only Baha'i literature for 18 months -- not a single word of anything else. Not a page of a book, not a single newspaper. I sought to plant the Word in my being, and I didn't want any weeds in there.

Just my view.

Brent

Return to “Discussion”